Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A new program premiers on TV tonight.

I've seen trailers for it, and I thought it was tasteless and another attempt to mock the Church and all things Christian.

The name of the program is: GCB

I wondered what the initials stood for? I assumed that the "G" stood for God
icon_scratch.png

Well,

In today's paper, there was a review of the show and they revealed what the initials meant...

Are you ready for this?

GCB = Good Christian Bitc**s!!!!
affraid.gif

I just hope and pray that there are no "Christian" writers involved in this production. :cry:

Last edited:

ronbwrriting

I'm new......be gentle
Registered
Reaction score
I don't plan on watching the show, just in case some rating system counts me as a supporter. If TV and Hollywood continue with inclusion of the trashy vulgar words into show titles, soon there will be no standards to differentiate what is "normal" and what is perversion. I am not a religious stiff shirt, but I also don't want to see every kid in America considering the "b" word as acceptable in daily communication.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
They never actually say it on air--you have to figure it out. Seems like a pretty lame show to me but I guess I am not the target demographic.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I don't plan on viewing it either. Not sure who the sponsors might be but it might be a good idea to find out and let them know about the title and how it sits with you.

(Just my two cents.)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
... Not sure who the sponsors might be but it might be a good idea to find out and let them know about the title and how it sits with you.

Yep, that's my plan, Wendy. ;)

Her Dark Star

Registered
Reaction score
Can't say it looks very good, it's based on a book and even the book didn't get very good reviews.
However, it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the church or Christians. It appears to be a shallow socialite story, something like Desperate Housewives. The title presumably meant to be sarcastic, referring to people who would consider themselves Christian but don't behave as such.
ABC has renamed it Good Christian Belles in response to a large number of people being concerned over the title. Though given that it is labelled as just GCB it won't actually help much.
More trash on the TV, but not actually related to Christianity in the slightest.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Never heard of this show, but I feel like I've seen a book with that title or something very similar on the "new in paperback" table in Barnes and Noble lately.

Anyone else? And if so, could it be an adaptation maybe?

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I checked Amazon. Like Dark Star said, it looks like a Desperate Housewives-type satire. I saw a commercial for it and it looks liek it's destined for quick cancellation.

I don't get worked up about stuff like this. It's TV; in a month it'll get replaced by another reality show. :)

ronbwrriting

I'm new......be gentle
Registered
Reaction score
Just checked the ratings and even though ABC had the top ratings for prime time on Sunday night, they are calling the ratings for GCB as just "OK." Does anyone know who the sponsors were?

Mark W.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm up for a good satire as anyone else is, so I watched the premire. It was ok. It seemed to be an attempt to do a replacement for Desperate Housewives with a Texas flair. The writing was standard shock fare and the acting was only so-so and on the trope'ish side.

As for how it will portray Christians, I think it can go either way. In the first episode, both sides got their lines and zingers so I guess time will tell. Knowing Hollywood, they will swing to the Left before long.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Yuck. I hate the swearing in titles. I have to be careful and steer my kids away from certain sections of the book store. :(

Mark W.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Even though they abbreviated the title to take out the offending word. In the show, they show the uncensored word prominately scrawled across a yearbook picture.

There is another new ABC show called "Beware the B--- in Apartment 23." ABC seems to be facinated with that word.

Status
Not open for further replies.