What if I am concerned about another member's health?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celeste_2sweet

The smile that won't go!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As you might know, I have OCD and depression. I made friends with a young girl called ****** and she has not been online since last year months and months ago.

I very concerned for her.

I disappeared off this site for a long time because the crit I received made me feel depressed and stop writing for fun altogether.

Now that was NO ONE'S fault.

However, I am concerned she might be in some sort of depression right now. I know she posted she had ocd and I know what it does to you. Hence she continued posting.

I don't want to be banned for this, but I feel as if SHE may feel she judged to harshly.

I am concerned that she could be really upset and I don't KNOW what that implicates.

If someone tells me to stop throwing random stories every five minutes, I try not to, but I seem to feel very, very upset.

I'm concerned for her safety because even though I do not know her personally I recognise her patterns on this site mirrored in my own.

IF ANYONE knows what to do when concerned about someone who may be seriously upset, please tell me what I should do.

I don't want to be banned for bringing this up as it is written in her posts and I am NOT blabbing anything, only what I can see on the site.

Last edited by a moderator:

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
If you can't get in contact with this person, then there's not really a lot you can do. If you do manage to get in contact with them, the only course of action is to ask them to seek professional help.

-Derek

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Celeste, PM me the name. I won't give out her email address, but I *can* send her an email to the address on her registration, letting her know you're concerned.

ETA: I sent an email to the member in question, and she says thanks, and reports she's "doing better" and that she's published a book to Kindle, in the interim, and is working on another.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.