Did someone say MarNoWriMo?

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm looking at plane tickets from Oregon to Florida right now for the spring break trip I'm NOT taking... My Crazy Uncle Matthew promised he'd pay for me to go on the trip, and if I didn't want to go then he'd give me the money for the tickets... Need photo proof of the actual costs so I don't get cheated out of anything. ;)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Dude, that's awesome!

Tell him you really wanted to go to Australia, but can't because you haven't been vaccinated against koala flu. Those plane tickets would be even more expensive. ;)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and I read 2 or 3 more chapters of Dracula last night. Still need to read about 6 or 7... *sigh*

Oh, and my philosophy test is tomorrow - Eek! - so I have to study my butt off today.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Cliff. I'd say Australia, but he's most likely going to have to hand over $2000-2500 already... :tongue

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
So this would be a great time to ask if I could borrow some money, right? :tongue

Well, I've read 1 more chapter of Dracula. Taking a break now, then probably have to study for my test.

wishflower

blanket fort afficianado
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.q-washburn.com
Didn't get as much written as I'd hoped today. One scene, and my word count actually went down. I just couldn't resist taking a look at the stuff around that scene since it was near the beginning... I need to make all my text white or something so I can't keep revising. I'm getting nothing accomplished.

Good luck Cliff Face with the chapters and the test!

FoamyRules

Hamtaro Rules
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetigerseye.valentchamber.com
Good luck to you as well on the test Cliff Face.

Well, unfortunately my sorority and fraternity spring break trip may be cancelled. We've been getting some pretty bad weather over here, but that's okay. I plan to work on a WIP and finish the outline for my June Camp Nano. We may end up spending a lot of time at the sorority house, though I don't actually live there.

wishflower

blanket fort afficianado
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.q-washburn.com
Sorry about your trip, Foamy. Hopefully it doesn't end up cancelled, but at least your plan B sounds productive!

I keep wanting to work on my outline for June Camp, but it's like there's no room in my head right now for anything other than my WIP. :(

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Stayed home sick today. Hope my teachers don't think I took two skip days... >.>' Sadly, I think I got more school work done in two hours than I usually do in two days in the classroom...

Still sick, but I think I'm going to tough it out tomorrow. Other than PE. PE is not good for sick people. *sneezes*

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I've been feeling like I'm coming down with something for a few days... Hopefully it shall pass without incident.

Okay, so I had my test today. I either did really well, or really poorly. I won't know until I get the grade back next Tuesday, but the thing is - the questions could've elicited 2 types of answers for the most part. So I tried to play it safe and give a little of both types... But probably 1 type was not needed - hence my confusion as to how I did.

It's the first philosophy subject I've ever done anything to be graded for. So I really don't know what's expected of me...

And this test was worth 16.667% of our overall grade. Eek! The entire Critical Reasoning gradeload is 3 tests totalling 50%, and a 1.5 hour exam for the other 50%.

Anyway, after that I had my Literature tutorial. Turns out I was one of only 2 people to do the first reading, and the only one to do the second reading, and I was one out of the handful of people who had done the poetry reading. Yup - I was the only one there who had done ALL the readings for this week...

This left me quite on the spot with my tutor. He needed to have a discussion about the first 2 readings for 2/3 of the tute, and as I was the only one who had read both, it was basically just him asking me questions.

By the end of the tute I had a headache, then had to run over for my OTHER Philosophy class's lecture, where the headache got worse when everyone started arguing about religion, morals, definitions... Ugh.

I mean, it's an interesting class, but obviously some people have very strong opinions that they don't like to even question for a second. I tend to stay out of it, though that won't work when we have our first tute on Thursday.

*breathes sigh of relief to finally be home*

Now I get to... Do readings! Woo! *faceplant* I think after I get my AW fix, I'm going to reward myself for the hard work of the past few days with an episode of House, then 30 minutes on a synopsis for my novel, so as to help make notes for what needs to be changed in the 2nd edit.

Yes, this is the novel that I thought I had lost my paper-copy outline a year ago, then found the paper copy... So that 30 minutes will probably be typing up my paper-copy notes, and maybe making a start on a proper synopsis.

But now? Now I need a coffee!

(Y'know, sometimes I wonder how many novels I'd have written by now if I'd typed as many words as I do on AW but for novels instead... Case in point, this long-arse post. The stupid thing? I had a blog, made about 5 entries, then got bored of it. I need a conversation or topic to jump head first into - leaving me with a blank page tends to be a mixture of disastrous proportions (unless I have an outline for a novel to work with ;)).)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Had a two hour delay at school today... It should've been cancelled... My driveway looked like it was made of ice. (I personally wished that one of the buses would skid off the side of the road for payback... It was a stupid decision.)

So, I spend most of yesterday afternoon doing my English homework for nothing because I never had the class today... Oh well...

Still sick. Trying to get all of my statistics for the week done today because I've done nothing... >.>'

Oh yeah, and I decided to finally take a Spanish exam today. I clicked the button and was about to ask the librarian to type in the code... and it turned out that it wasn't even locked. -.- I could've taken it three weeks ago if I would've known that...

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I've done... Nothing.

Although I have realised that, after Jane Eyre, the biggest book I have to read for Uni is about 220 pages. Which should be a piece of cake. (My copy of Jane Eyre is about 560 pages... *sigh*)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Still doing statistics... I responded to a classmate's picture that she posted, but it was posted sideways so now my ear seems attached to my shoulder and I can't lift it... :gaah

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I read 6 chapters of Jane Eyre so far today, out of 38. I'm getting through this quicker than Dracula, possibly aided by having read it before...

Need to start working on my first English assignment soon... Dinner first, and probably some sort of entertainment.

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I just reread Frankenstein and Jane Eyre for my friend's uni assignment. Well, she needed to talk about pain and suffering in literature, and I decided to help out since I love reading in my spare time anyway.

I'm at 50k words now. Feeling a bit down because of a rejection for another MS of mine yesterday though, but I still hope to reach 55k at the end of the day.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
I still can't decide how long my WIP is going to be: novella or novel length. I'm honestly thinking novella, but I don't know. It depends on what happens. It's kind of irritating me that I can't decide. Haha. On the other, I'm glad that I'm at least getting close to novella length; I think I'm 7000+ right now. I haven't gotten a chance to work on it due to school, but I have a break coming up. So, hopefully, I'll get a lot of it done then. I'm really hoping I'll be able to complete it, but I don't know.

FoamyRules

Hamtaro Rules
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetigerseye.valentchamber.com
So :) I'm in Miami, chilling in my hotel room (the hotel has WiFi woohoo!) and watching a movie on HBO with a frat guy I know. I'm working on a WIP, trying to get my two hours of writing for the day in. There's a party in the frat guys rooms later on tonight, I'm trying to decide whether I should go or not.