Did someone say MarNoWriMo?

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Good luck with your final edits, Ginger Writer, and then with agent submissions!

I personally LOVE Dracula. I've read it like a bazillion times. It's great to read the book and then watch the movie afterwards, and spot all the differences. There's also a sequel to Dracula out, written by the great-grandson of Bram Stoker (or great-great, or cousin in third line, in any case, one of his descendants). It's an amusing novel, but nowhere near the greatness that was Dracula. It features Elizabeth Barthory, the blood countess, who in this scenario is also a vampire.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
If you like Elizabeth Bathory, check out the album "Cruelty And The Beast" by Cradle Of Filth. It's all about her. :)

Okay, so I've done... Nothing much since last post. Tried to read in the car on the way to dinner, but family talking made it impossible. And on the way home, it was too dark.

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Thanks for the suggestion :) I know a couple of Cradle of Filth songs, but never knew they had an entire album dedicated to Elizabeth Barthory. Will definitely check it out!

FoamyRules

Hamtaro Rules
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetigerseye.valentchamber.com
Wow, I actually finished the first edit of my novel. Now onto the second. I'm so glad I'm getting a week off from school, but I do need to catch up on reading a few chapters for Quantum Physics and Medical terminology.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Just when I am 20 pages away from finishing, I get the barfing disease.

Somebody bury my body and finish editing my book.... please....

*hands Bettie a bucket and holds her hair back* There's water and Saltine crackers on the table when you feel you can keep something down.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
*has a happy*

I just downloaded the first reading assignment for one of my classes. It's going to take me less than 5 minutes to complete it once it's printed out. :D

Basically, it's a "comprehension" assignment - you know the type from High School. Read a piece of writing, and then answer some questions about what you just read.

And this one is SIMPLE. I did the reading almost 2 weeks ago, and I can still answer every question.

It's kind of funny though. Like, Q2 will say, "Did the author mean X or Y in this section?" and then Q3 will say, "Why did the author mean Y?" So Q2 is obviously Y, without even needing to read the article. LOL.

This has reduced my stress a LOT.

I still have another reading assignment to complete this weekend, and then a test to study for, but I've just crossed 1 assignment off my list. Hooray!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, I had to take one of those tests last week, Cliff... >.>' Of course, as soon as I'm done with 56 of 58 questions (give or take), the administrator realizes that I didn't need to take the test at all... :gaah

Finished my book. Currently being lazy.

(And tomorrow is senior skip day ;) shhh!)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Edited 3 more chapters (3 or 4 to go) of the novel. Unfortunately, I'm finding it hard to suspend disbelief... Which means there's probably something terribly wrong with the plot.

Damn.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Finished current editing pass of the novel.

Now I need to make some notes about the structural changes, and then do a longer edit with some rewriting... Then it should just be a matter of giving it a quick read and fixing typos, and then I can submit it.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I shall have no breaks this month.

As per my writing... Well, finished first edit of the novel, need to make notes before tackling second edit, then final read-through. Uni is throwing me plenty of homework, which I have to tackle today.

No new words for me so far this month. That shall change today, with the assignments and hopefully some small effort in notes for the novel.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Done 1 assignment, going to do the next one soon, then there's just 1 to do (for now) and studying for the test, reading Dracula, and preparing my mind for a more serious assignment due 2 weeks or so from now...

I'm sleepy. It's only 2.30pm or so, but I'm just... tired.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I just started the final assignment of the ones due next week... And it seems that I'm not supposed to write anything in advance. Question 3 tipped me off - it says to "Get in groups of 3". So I take it this is merely a guide to discussion in the tutorials...

Interesting. Oh, and for that subject, it looks like the tutorials (and the associated workload) don't count towards the grade at all. Huh.

Well, that just cut down on my workload by a whole lot. :)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
My spring break is in two weeks... So far I'm not looking forward to it...

Starting to get kinda sick. Skip day was fun though. We went to IHOP and I ordered an omlette, hash browns and chocolate chip pancakes... And then they gave me buttermilk instead of chocolate chip so I ended up with four plates of food... >.< Then we went to the mall and the girls went dress shopping while the guys (and I... I'm not going to prom so I don't need a dress) went to Cabelas and looked around... Then we went to the movies (where the lady insisted on checking all 12 of our IDs and we kind of overwhelmed her :tongue). And then we got home about the same time school got out.

It was kinda funny... We ran into one parent at IHOP and the school's janitor at the mall... :tongue

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
School janitors are always at the mall on skip days. Mmhmm. :tongue

I'm having my own partial skip day today. As per usual on Sundays, mum and I have been taking stuff round to the grandparents' place (because we're moving in in a few weeks when they move out) and this always turns into a full day spent with the oldies.

But I decided that I would help take the first load of stuff round, then rummage through their garage (where all the packed boxes are) and find my copy of Jane Eyre for Uni (which I had packed before knowing I'd need that book), come home and load up the car again - and then skip out and have the rest of the day to myself.

:)

Theoretically, I need to read Dracula, study for my test, and work on my novel. But first and foremost I think I'm going to read a bunch of the entries for the Western contest, so I can vote and thus be eligible to win (assuming my story gets any votes...).

wishflower

blanket fort afficianado
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.q-washburn.com
Is it too late to join the party?

I've been dragging my feet about finishing my WIP, and with about 12k words to go, I don't see why I shouldn't finish it this month if I put my foot down and stop with the internet distractions.

Way to go everyone who's being productive and working toward accomplishing their goals for this month!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
It's never too late to join the party!

Today, I have read 2 chapters of Dracula. It's not a lot, but it's 2 chapters more than if I'd had a family day.

Taking a short break now, then back to it. I have about 8 or 9 chapters left, and I really want to get it finished by Monday night...

FoamyRules

Hamtaro Rules
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetigerseye.valentchamber.com
Well today I haven't gotten anything done. As far as my writing and studying goes nada. My sorority and a fraternity are planning a trip but we haven't figured out if we're going to rent a van to go to VA beach or fly to Miami beach.