Registered
Reaction score
clap.gif
Woot!

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Mac is checking on J'Dubee. As of this afternoon he still hadn't been on since March 1. Puma

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
Mac is checking on J'Dubee. As of this afternoon he still hadn't been on since March 1. Puma

Thanks Puma (and Mac if you read this). If I disappeared, I like to think someone would notice. I'm glad that someone is checking on J'Dubee.

Less than 24 hours to go!!!!!

Oh man! I'm scared.

I'm just going to admit it...I hope my story did well. It is such tough competition though! I keep telling myself, if my story didn't get many votes, it's not because it wasn't good, just that there were so many really amazing stories.

Still I hope, and I am nail biting.

There I said it. :)

TypoToffee

Registered
Reaction score
Less than 24 hours to go!!!!!

Funny - but I am strangely relaxed and sleeping well.

Perhaps it's the inevitability of the condemned...

In a way, it's sad this will soon be all over. I know there are discussions to follow, but it has been an amazing journey with lots of insights. For instance, I now know you are all as nutty as me!

Thank you for letting me share it with y'all and Harry, you deserve a good stiff drink my man!

onuilmar

(w)ride like the wind
Registered
Reaction score
Me. I'm looking forward to the discussion. *rubs hands together*

In writing this I know that I was able to practice things I recently learned. In the discussion, I will learn what worked and what didn't.

And the voting will help me see my stuff through others' eyes. I can evaluate the other stuff, and with a high vote count I should get a good idea of where I fall.

I definitely know that I'm still improving, so I will be okay even if I am dead last. Especially in such a grand pack of (w)riders. (heh heh)

Last edited:

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Me. I'm looking forward to the discussion. *rubs hands together*

In writing this I know that I was able to practice things I recently learned. In the discussion, I will learn what worked and didn't.

And the voting will help me see my stuff through others' eyes. I can evaluate the other stuff, and with a high vote I should get a good idea of where I fall.

Yep. After reading all the stories, I've already learned two things about my writing: My stories are boring; and, I have comma-itis. Already working on the comma problem. Boring is going to take a bit longer. :)

onuilmar

(w)ride like the wind
Registered
Reaction score
So Harry,

Are you going to post the results at 12:01 a.m. on March 16? Hmmm?

Or are you going to keep us on tenterhooks and make us wait until 5 p.m. EDT? Or is it still EST like the submission? How does the change from standard time to daylightsavings affect this?

Inquiring minds would like to know. (please)

lk

(Sorry, I express my impatience by being annoying. *slithers back into the closet and closes door firmly*)

TypoToffee

Registered
Reaction score
So Harry,

Are you going to post the results at 12:01 a.m. on March 16? Hmmm?

Or are you going to keep us on tenterhooks and make us wait until 5 p.m. EDT? Or is it still EST like the submission? How does the change from standard time to daylightsavings affect this?

Inquiring minds would like to know. (please)

Don't start without me! You might all get up to get the outcome but I am old and need my ZZZZZZZZs~

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Me too, Toffee. So if you're a latecomer to the results, I will be too.

And, let's all give Harry a break - he's six hours ahead of EST. He needs his beauty sleep too. Puma

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score
Not that I would advocate goofing-off at work tomorrow :rulezbut my manager is leaving town this afternoon :evil

I am looking forward to the discussions.

BAY

Registered
Reaction score
Good Luck Everyone! And thank you Harry for being chief wrangler.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Officially, there are around ten hours left to PM me your vote; although -- due to my being tucked up[passed out] in bed[on the floor] at the exact deadline time -- I will accept any votes that arrive in my inbox before my first site visit tomorrow. I'm a late riser. So, if you're worrying over your final cut, I'd say you'll be good if you get your vote to me before 2PM GMT on March 16th. :)

After the close of voting I'll double check the vote count. This will take a little time, as will preparing the results page. I aim to get it all posted sometime after 6PM GMT.

At some point tomorrow, this thread will be locked and I'll open the discussion/congratulations thread in the passworded SYW section. If anyone has any suggestions on the best way to conduct the discussion -- feel free to discuss it here. Please keep discussions of the actual stories to the thread in SYW that will be opened tomorrow. :)

Current Vote Tally is as follows:

61 Votes

39 entrants

22 Non-entrants

Really stellar work from the non-entrants -- 60,000 words is a lot to read and I am stoked so many people got involved. And, don't forget -- if you're still deciding -- you got plenty of time yet. :)

Al Stevens

Registered
Reaction score
At some point tomorrow, this thread will be locked and I'll open the discussion/congratulations thread in the passworded SYW section.
I suggest you post the results here before locking the thread. Otherwise, members with fewer than fifty posts will be unable to read the results. I don't know, but that could conceivably include some entrants.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I suggest you post the results here before locking the thread. Otherwise, members with fewer than fifty posts will be unable to read the results. I don't know, but that could conceivably include some entrants.

I think sub-fifty post peeps can view and post in SYW, they just can't start their own thread -- though I have been known to be wrong before. I'll double check this. :)

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Sub 50 posts can read and respond to threads in SYW - they just can't start new threads.

However, I do think it would be good to post the results here in genre as well as SYW. And I'm actually not sure about locking this thread (or whether we maybe need a third thread here in genre).

Reason I say this - there are some folks who have crits to offer of all the posts - one of them was 3-4 pages long. That's a lot to read and should be in SYW. Then there are other folks who want to know how someone came up with his or her idea - that's going to be a couple shorter posts. And then there will be the even shorter posts congratulating the winners and the winners saying thank you.

IMO - if we could separate the crits into a SYW thread and let the "where'd you get your idea?" and congratulations stay here in genre, it might work better. Puma

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to thank my mum, my first grade teacher, Ms Dimples, my future agent, my future girlfriend, my- oh wait.

tomorrow???

St Patrick's Day???

WTF?

Supposin (and i do mean supposin) I'm out some where? Like, completely out. What then?

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
Harry, my school gets out early for St. Patrick's Day (Why? I don't know.), and I'll be here right at 1:45 waiting (ever so diligently) to see these posts.

By the way, when is 6GMT in EST?

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
GMT is six hours ahead of EST - so it's 6:02pm here in ESDT and 12:02am tomorrow GMT. But, I'm wondering about daylight savings - whether GMT is five hours ahead of EST when the US is on daylight savings time. Puma

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sub 50 posts can read and respond to threads in SYW - they just can't start new threads.

Well confirmed, Puma. :)

St Patrick's Day???

WTF?

Supposin (and i do mean supposin) I'm out some where? Like, completely out. What then?

I'll send the results out by Leprechaun. :)

By the way, when is 6GMT in EST?

GMT is six hours ahead of EST - so it's 6:02pm here in ESDT and 12:02am tomorrow GMT. But, I'm wondering about daylight savings - whether GMT is five hours ahead of EST when the US is on daylight savings time. Puma

I always thought it was the other way around. Normally, i think, the UK (as in most things !*@?) is five hours ahead. The daylight savings throws me a curve ball my tiny little mind can't compute -- which is why I wasn't more specific. :)

However, I do think it would be good to post the results here in genre as well as SYW. And I'm actually not sure about locking this thread (or whether we maybe need a third thread here in genre).

Reason I say this - there are some folks who have crits to offer of all the posts - one of them was 3-4 pages long. That's a lot to read and should be in SYW. Then there are other folks who want to know how someone came up with his or her idea - that's going to be a couple shorter posts. And then there will be the even shorter posts congratulating the winners and the winners saying thank you.

IMO - if we could separate the crits into a SYW thread and let the "where'd you get your idea?" and congratulations stay here in genre, it might work better. Puma

This is something I've been struggling with. :)

I want the discussion/crit in the passworded area to avoid any first rights issues. I also think the congrats thread should be separate from the crit/discussion thread. The problem is, with two threads, one misplaced post could jumble everything -- hence posting both in SYW rather than in the Western Forum.

Any ideas on this welcomed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.