dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Drum roll nothing, I'm still biting my fingernails trying to pick my top three! Just as well Harry isn't a prompt riser!

-Derek

Marya

In search of distractions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
africanalchemy.wordpress.com
That made me laugh, Derek. I felt guilty only sending in my choices three days ago and I could have gone on deliberating and angsting and procrastinating until now!

onuilmar

(w)ride like the wind
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad you all are so patient. Here, I'm drumming my fingers (hard). :)

Also, great work, Harry. And kudos to all who participated and voted. *clap, clap, clap*

Not so good with pictures (emoticons), that's why I'm trying to be a writer. :)

Dave Hardy

Don't let your deal go down,
Registered
Reaction score
This is only my 500th check of the thread since 6:45 Central Time, so you can see I'm pretty nonchalant about the whole thing.

Thanks very much Harry for your hard work on this.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Nice turnout by the writers and voters, and a crop of very good stories to discuss coming up. Good job, Harry, and all who took part in making this a fine contest by any standard.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
On the results posting time - Harry started posting the stories back on 3/1 at 11:36am EST. So we may be looking at a similar time for the results. Puma

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be offline for a few hours, so I just want to say (again) what wonderful storytellers y'all are. As far as I'm concerned, there are 39 first place stories there. Congratulations to all.

A big Thank You to Harry for successfully running this cat-herding venture. To all the voters I offer my thanks for taking the time from your lives and your projects to read all the stories and for supporting your fellow writers. It's appreciated more than you know.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
VOTING CLOSED

Well done (almost) everyone! :)

The votes are in and I'm off to double and triple check the results. As I stated previously, the results thread will be posted sometime after 6PM GMT -- around 3 or so hours from the time of this post in Western SYW.

Please Remember

The vote spread was much wider than I anticipated, however, there are some entries which received no votes. If one of these is yours, please remember your entry was up against 40 other people and voters only had a top three to choose. Some entries were bound to be passed over and this shouldn't be seen as a reflection on your writing.

The Final Vote Tally

We didn't quite get a full house of entrant votes. As you are probably aware, J'Dubbe hasn't been on line for a while so didn't get to vote. Hopefully he is OK and I'm sure everyone here will join me in sending out their best wishes to him.

Non entrant turnout was astounding. Excellent work to all who helped promote the contest and all who took the time to read and consider the 60k of words.

67 Votes

Entrants - 39

Non-Entrants - 28

However, we have had three votes disqualified. Bringing the final eligible votes tally to 64.

Two of the ineligible votes were from members who had a join date after 16th Jan 2012. One was from an entrant -- see below.

The Spentastico Situation

Unfortunately for the contest, Spentastico (13 - New Ideas In The Old West) got himself banned last night. According to the rules he will be disqualified and his votes deemed ineligible.

I apologize on his behalf to the people who voted for him and I also apologize to those he voted for. It's a helluva shame, but that's how it goes sometimes.

His voting did not affect the outcome of the top three places in the contest and I will post who he voted for (but not include it in the final results table) later.

Where To Go Now?

Feel free to discuss and nail-bite some more in this thread. If you want to discuss the entries themselves I've opened the Entry Discussion thread in Western SYW for you to do so. Results will be posted in Western SYW in three or so hours.

Thank you all for making this a great contest and over-coming any bumps and hiccups we've had along the way. :)

Last edited:

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Harry.

For anyone interested, Mac and I have both been trying to contact J'Dubee. It's not at all like him to disappear and miss voting in the contest. If anyone knows anything about him I might not know, please pm me. Puma

Dave Hardy

Don't let your deal go down,
Registered
Reaction score
I hope everything is OK with J'Dubee. He's always been a good presence on this forum.

Man, three hours Harry? If I had any nails left, I'd chew 'em off. :)

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Having a small amount of difficulty. Hope to have things posted soon. sorry for the delay. :)

Dermit

Sagest of all frogs
Registered
Reaction score
*looks up from stirring his bubbling vat of tar* what's that? delay, you say?

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*looks up from stirring his bubbling vat of tar* what's that? delay, you say?

Haha -- the figures weren't adding up. All sorted now, just got to make the thread. Shouldn't be more than an hour. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.