• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Dunham Literary (Jennie Dunham)

UWS

Registered
Reaction score
Her website is lousy -- she doesn't mention a single client or book she represents. Maybe she's the best agent on the planet, but it's hard to know since she gives so little information about herself.

Last edited:

soloset

'bye
Registered
Reaction score
For what it's worth, a suggestion I've found helpful is to check google books to see if the agent is mentioned anywhere or what kind of books he is mentioned in.

Go to google, type in the agent's name, then from the bar of links right above the search box, click "more" and then "books". For "Jennie Dunham", there are quite a few results.

Doesn't work for very common names and it's no guarantee of anything, but the results can be interesting.

UrsusMinor

Registered
Reaction score
soloset said:
Doesn't work for very common names and it's no guarantee of anything, but the results can be interesting.

Use the Google Advanced Search page and be sure to include "literary agent" in the search terms. Even with common names, this sorts out most of the misfires.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
CaoPaux said:
http://www.dunhamlit.com/

(*giggle* I love the legal mumbo jumbo in their disclaimer.)
I also like this from the Submissions page:

A few reminders (based on experience).
artbul1a.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]It's hard to put the reply in the envelope if it's already licked and sealed. (SASE does not stand for self-addressed, sealed envelope.)[/FONT]
artbul1a.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]If you put Dunham Literary's address on that envelope, the mailwoman will send it to us, not to you.[/FONT]
artbul1a.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]If you forget your postage, the mailman will tell you that he doesn't work for free. If he gets around to telling you that.[/FONT]
artbul1a.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]If you send postage and a mailing label without an envelope, the mailwoman will lose the response.[/FONT]
artbul1a.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]If the envelope is too small, it's impossible to put the material in it.[/FONT]

UWS

Registered
Reaction score
Finding out about agents

soloset said:
For what it's worth, a suggestion I've found helpful is to check google books to see if the agent is mentioned anywhere or what kind of books he is mentioned in.

Yes, I do that too. Thanks. Still, I think it's much better when an agent lists her clients/books on her website. It's also free publicity for her current clients, which is always a good thing.
I've become quite partial to agents with good websites.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Anything more recent?

Has anyone worked with her recently? She still doesn't list authors or books on her website, and does list a whole handful of employees who no longer work for her. That suggests some sort of shakeup or issues...but I'd hate to read into it something that isn't there, and miss out on someone who does have their act together.

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
Considering sending a query to Jennie Dunham. Wondering if anyone has dealt with her?

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
I have spoken to her. She's very nice. She is interested in juvenile and literary fiction.

wallfull

author, psychologist, speaker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.EileenKennedyMoore.com
I'm curious about this comment on Jennie Dunham's website (www.dunhamlit.com):

"Former employees Donna Lieberman, Irina Kendall, Ashley Johnston, and Melanie Klesse have left and are pursuing other opportunities."

It gives the impression of a major "Abandon ship!" exodus. Does anybody know what happened? Should I be concerned?

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
I'm curious about this comment on Jennie Dunham's website (www.dunhamlit.com):

"Former employees Donna Lieberman, Irina Kendall, Ashley Johnston, and Melanie Klesse have left and are pursuing other opportunities."

It gives the impression of a major "Abandon ship!" exodus. Does anybody know what happened? Should I be concerned?

I just read that on the page and had the same thought. I'm going to submit to them or rather her today and see what happens. I keep you posted if you want.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I just read this on her main page:

"The Denise Marcil Literary Agency, Don Congdon Associates, and Dunham Literary have formed an alliance. Although each of these companies still remains separate, they have created an alliance to share office space and combine back office activities.

The Rhoda Weyr Agency is a division of Dunham Literary. All inquiries for the Rhoda Weyr Agency should be made to Dunham Literary. Please see the Contact Info page of this website for information."

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
One of the agents from here said my manuscript was too long for YA.

Thanks for playing, move along.

Erik Alder

Registered
Reaction score
So then I take it no one has had Jennie Dunham reply to their queries? I submitted a query to her four weeks ago and am still waiting to hear back

Senora Verde

Teacher by day, YA writer by night
Registered
Reaction score
So then I take it no one has had Jennie Dunham reply to their queries? I submitted a query to her four weeks ago and am still waiting to hear back

I sent Jennie Dunham a snail-mail query on 5/5 and received a rejection on 5/15

eliza

Registered
Reaction score
agent help

Does anyone have any information about either Monkia Verma at Levine Greenberg or L. Blair Hewes at Dunham Literary?

RoseMarie

Words ARE my blood...
Registered
Reaction score
Alright so....I'm lost.

What is the DUNHAM LIT AGENCY's address I need to send my query to?

I've looked at their site but....um, not too clear on it.

Nova Odyssey

Marvelous
Registered
Reaction score
For e-queries to Jeannie Dunham, the turn around time was fast for me, similar to what others have reported on this thread. 2 days for a form reject.

CharleyGirl

Glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fallingleaflets.blogspot.com
Has anyone queried or received a response lately? The website says they generally read/respond in one to two weeks. It's been over two weeks for me...are they a no response=rejection agency? Thanks :)