Jump/rolling out of a car?

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Anyone know the maximum speed a car can be going and a person who is trained can jump/roll safely out of it? Speed & seconds make a difference in my mystery.

Thanks!

Lucie

Last edited:

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
By the way, I don't think there's any reasonable speed where you can jump safely out of a car. The little research I did turned up no maximum safe speed because, as one source said, there really isn't one. Most stuntmen refuse to do that stunt which is why you don't see it in the movies anymore. At high speeds it's incredibly dangerous, the person simply cannot control their tumble and one bad twist onto the neck is all it takes.

Mark G

Author of Reborn to Bite
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.markgronwald.com
Loved those links Drachen!

I used to dismount from my bicycle when it was still moving at running speed, just to be a badass teenager. I'm sure that doesn't count...

Graz

Registered
Reaction score
Did some windshield surfing as a teen. Took a spill off the car going maybe 20-25 mph. Banged up, nothing broken

Snick

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I know of people who had been paratroopers who would jump out of cars when the got adequately inebriated. Apparently it is as safe as riding a parachute, and that can mean a landing at a pretty good speed.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Thanks, y'all. I appreciate the help. And yes, Drachen, when you think about it, this would never actually be "safe," but might be the preferred option depending on what's going on in that car.

Kudos to you for the links too.

Lucie