The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The Madeleine Milburn Literary, TV & Film Agency

not napping... brainstorming! TudorRose's Avatar

The Madeleine Milburn Literary, TV & Film Agency

Heads-up on a new agency opening in the UK (as reported on TheBookseller.com on 24 Feb 2012).

Literary agent Madeleine Buston is setting up her own agency, leaving the Darley Anderson Literary Agency where she has worked for five years, and beginning with 14 authors including Carolyn Jess-Cooke.

The Madeleine Milburn Literary, TV & Film Agency will open for business at the end of the month, as Buston, currently literary agent and deputy m.d. of children's books, leaves the Darley Anderson agency today [24th February].

The offices will be based in central London close to King's Cross. The agency will represent commercial and accessible literary fiction; genre fiction including women's fiction, crime, thrillers and mysteries; memoirs; and crossover fiction, children's and young adult titles; handling all rights in the UK, US and foreign markets. In the US, Buston will work with agent Carly Watters on a case by case basis.

Buston said she was hoping the agency would be "innovative, dynamic and personal", focused on "growing and establishing new authors", planning to have a 50/50 split between adult and children's fiction. She added: "I will miss Darley Anderson and his team enormously but I am thrilled to be, as Lee Child says, captain of my own ship."

As well as the 14 authors she will bring with her from Darley Anderson, including J J Salem, S B Hayes, Emma Garcia, Victoria Fox and C J Daugherty, Buston is planning to take on two new authors through a competition to celebrate the launch of the agency, which can be accessed through www.madeleinemilburn.com, to go live on 14th March.

Anderson said: "Maddie was an excellent foreign rights agent here for four years and also latterly was helping to build the children’s agency which will continue to develop and expand. And for the last year she was a full time agent. Building a broad fiction author’s career takes many years, however, and I wish her every success at doing that at her own agency." He added there would be announcements in the near future about further developments at Darley Anderson.

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/ma...wn-agency.html

practical experience, FTW
    Anyone have any response times for this agency? Responder or non-responder?

The reception emails six weeks and then it's a no, but I wondered if anyone else has any other experience.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Just submitted to the agency yesterday and got a request from Thérèse Coen for the full manuscript today. My quick, excited research shows the agency to be super capable. Anyone else have any dealings with them lately?
    Last edited by KAMielke; 11-20-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Book Reviewer y'all PoppysInARow's Avatar
    Just queried Therese Coen. Fingers crossed! :x
    ~"Listen to the mustn'ts, child.
    Listen to the don'ts.
    Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts.
    Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me...
    Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."
    ~ Shel Silverstein

Damnit. I blog now. And I'm on the twitter bandwagon. Go me.