New Website Warning of PA

JBReed

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorjbreed.yolasite.com
Just wanted to let everyone know I created a website warning of PA's unethical practices. I would appreciate it if anyone who cares to would take a look at the site to make sure I have not posted anything that could possibly give me legal grief. :) The website is called The Author Trap. I plan to add other publishers, agents, editors, etc who new writers should avoid. My website is http://theauthorstrap.webs.com/index.htm

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Under "Another nastygram" does that woman want her address to be up there? I'd suggest blurring it out.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
I've noticed the new additions to the Eclectic Authors website (Letter from PA attorney, Please Read, etc), so it's a good idea to have that growing collection on its own website. Otherwise those plus the pro-PA posts on the Eclectic Authors website might send mixed messages.

I second the spell-check suggestion, though.

Last edited:

JBReed

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thank You

I will spell check immediately. Thank you. I will also take a look at the conflicting posts. I did check with Paula, the lady that asked me to post her letter from Cretella. She said to leave her address on the letter as her address is all over the internet anyway so it doesn't make much of a difference. Thank you all for your suggestions and help.

JBReed

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Wanted to let everyone know I changed the PA warning website's url. It can now be found at http://theauthortrap.yolasite.com
Also, I will be recording a segment to be aired on www.kkrp1610.com.
The C.E.O of the station is doing an expose' on PA He has given them a chance to respond but as you can guess, they have failed to do so. He has also contacted all the US Senators about the unethical practices of PA and is now in the process of contacting the House of Representatives, the MD Legislature and the MD Governor. He is doing everything within his power and utilizing all of his contacts in an effort to bring PA down. I will let everyone know when my segment will be aired.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
JBReed said:
The C.E.O of the station is doing an exposé on PA He has given them a chance to respond but as you can guess, they have failed to do so. He has also contacted all the US Senators about the unethical practices of PA and is now in the process of contacting the House of Representatives, the MD Legislature and the MD Governor.
Hmmm. If the CEO is a big enough campaign contributor, this might actually get some action. We can but hope.

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
We've known about that for a very long time. You might want to spend some time in the PA subforum getting familiar with what's been said here. Just be sure to have plenty of popcorn on hand!

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
And here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miranda_Prather

There is speculation that the "Jessica Forrester" was a character in a soap opera running at the time of this crime, The Bold and the Beautiful.

The role was played by Maitand Ward and her storyline ended in 1996, the hoax was perpetrated in 1997.

Perhaps Prather was a fan of the show and hoped that none of the cops would twig. Evidently they did not.

But we have the Internet to play in now, so this speculation is rather interesting. :evil