Responsive Big Name Authors?

CrabbyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

Working on a freelance piece that needs a question answered by well known authors. Have 7 response in hand but would love to have 10 total and would love to get more than the 1 female author I have so far to respond to balance the gender ratio of the article.

Do any of you know of fairly well known author's who are responsive to inquiries such as these?

I've exhausted the websites of the authors I can think of and have averaged about 1 response for every 7 or 8 queries.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
"A freelance piece"? You mean, a magazine article? Are you looking for interviewees in order to write the article or are you just trying to ask a question about the writing/publishing of the article?

If it's the latter, I'd say just post it instead of e-mailing random authors. After seeing tons of questions posted and answered on AW, I doubt yours is something that couldn't be answered by the members here.

CrabbyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Katrina-

But I think you are misunderstanding me, the author's responses to a specific question are the skeleton of the article.

I can't just post it and have random helpful forum members answer it.

What I really need is suggestions for authors that people here have had success asking a question and getting a reply from the contact me section of their website.

Thanks again..

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
Erin Morgenstern might not yet be "big name", but her debut novel The Night Circus was absurdly successful (no doubt thanks to the endorsement from the CEO of Indigo) and she answered my fan mail.

Check her out?

CrabbyMC

Registered
Reaction score
thanks character-- that is exactly the type of suggestion I was hoping for...

Cheers!

CrabbyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Would it be ok to repost this q in the novels forum or is that strictly about writing novels? I'd love to get more responses like Character's which was very helpful.

Confused Crabby

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
Crabby: There are a few decently well-known and experienced writers here on this forum. I don't know if he'll respond (I think he will), but James D. MacDonald is decently well-known. Why not shoot an email his way?