• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Packager] Glasstown Entertainment (formerly Paper Lantern Lit)

EKWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I got an email from them just yesterday, saying they'd like to keep me on file to potentially audition for them, which is awesome. But a lot of people already posted that they've never heard back after that.

Regardless of what happens, it was really nice to get. I'm wondering if I get an agent or publisher for my own novels, can I still work for PPL? Some of you were mentioning pen names. I certainly wouldn't mind doing that. This might be something that would work for me. I think it would be a wonderful experience.

I guess it's a wait and see now.

Yes, you can still work with them. Many agented writers take write-for-hire work to fill in the financial gaps. If you get an agent, your agent will negotiate your contract with PLL. PLL's agent will then shop the project to publishers.

snitchcharm

fledgling adult
Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with Paper Lantern's digital imprint, The Studio?

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with Paper Lantern's digital imprint, The Studio?

I have a friend whose agent just negotiated a deal for her with Paper Lantern's digital imprint, but it hasn't been announced yet. Once the deal's announced, I'll see if she'd be interested in sharing her experience.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
This is the Paper Lantern Lit we're talking about: http://www.paperlanternlit.com/

And here's the link to The Studio, their fairly new digital imprint: http://www.paperlanternlit.com/the-studio/

They're a book packager who recently added a digital publishing arm. I believe they're upfront about which projects will be published by their own digital imprint and which ones they'll seek a traditional print publisher for. I haven't read anything from The Studio, but I've read Lauren Morrill's BEING SLOANE JACOBS, which, along with MEANT TO BE, are both Paper Lantern books that sold to Delacorte.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
This is the Paper Lantern Lit we're talking about: http://www.paperlanternlit.com/

And here's the link to The Studio, their fairly new digital imprint: http://www.paperlanternlit.com/the-studio/

They're a book packager who recently added a digital publishing arm. I believe they're upfront about which projects will be published by their own digital imprint and which ones they'll seek a traditional print publisher for. I haven't read anything from The Studio, but I've read Lauren Morrill's BEING SLOANE JACOBS, which, along with MEANT TO BE, are both Paper Lantern books that sold to Delacorte.

Thank you so very much for the links and info.

tri

snitchcharm

fledgling adult
Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend whose agent just negotiated a deal for her with Paper Lantern's digital imprint, but it hasn't been announced yet. Once the deal's announced, I'll see if she'd be interested in sharing her experience.

Please do! I'm considering submitting a manuscript and would love to hear about the pros and cons :)

emjayfree

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back on a submission recently? I'm going on 4 months now with no word, though from what others have said and from the language on their website it seems as if they do respond to all submissions. I'm not really sure how to follow up since they do not list any contact information on their website that I can find.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Has anyone heard back on a submission recently? I'm going on 4 months now with no word, though from what others have said and from the language on their website it seems as if they do respond to all submissions. I'm not really sure how to follow up since they do not list any contact information on their website that I can find.

I have a no response listed in my archives which was sent 2-27-2015. I think they've dismissed me out of hand with every sub I've sent to them. I really wanted to break in.

emjayfree

Registered
Reaction score
I have a no response listed in my archives which was sent 2-27-2015. I think they've dismissed me out of hand with every sub I've sent to them. I really wanted to break in.

Thanks for sharing, Tri. I'm half-wondering if they've moved to a no response means no policy and haven't updated the website yet, but at the same time I'm sure they're constantly inundated with submissions and can't always get back with a response as soon as they'd like to. I'm kind of wondering whether my submission has even been opened yet, as on the Submittable website it says "Received" rather than "In Progress" (when I have stories being considered by other places they always switch to In Progress when they're opened, but I'm not sure whether you can just turn that function off if you don't want people to know where you're at with the submission). Guess I'll just wait a bit longer before trying to figure out a better way to contact them.

emjayfree

Registered
Reaction score
Update: I sent them a message on Facebook (so professional) to ask what the best contact e-mail would be for an update, and they quickly let me know that it is the same one that sends you the autoresponse (starts with an "f"). I had tried that initially, but am thinking that maybe replies to their autoresponses don't get sorted into their inbox because it had been 2+ weeks with no reply to my inquiry. So I tried again with a new e-mail and got a response in a couple of days. She said they DO still respond to all submissions but sometimes it just takes awhile. Thought I'd let y'all know in case anyone else was wondering if they've moved to a no-response policy for rejections!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Dropping this here: https://www.glasstownentertainment.com/#home-section

Paper Lantern lit is expanding into TV / Media as "Glasstown Entertainment."

[h=1]WHO WE ARE[/h]We are a 360-degree media and content company based in New York and Los Angeles, dedicated to bringing immersive worlds and creative storytelling to life across multiple platforms, including book, film and television.

The name Glasstown references the capital of the imaginary world constructed by the Brontë siblings in their youth—a testament to the transformative powers of the creative mind, collaboration, and good story-telling. We believe that stories, like glass, are both reflective and transparent, capable of revealing the truth about ourselves and the world around us.

Questions? Get in touch with us here.
Want to know more? Check out our bios here.