• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

PageFree Publishing / Hidden Treasure Books

peisenberg

I've had a terrible experience with RKD Press, the "select" offshoot of Pagefree Publishing. I'm beginning to wonder if RKD was started because Pagefree was running into legal difficulties. If you've seen any of the complaints against Pagefree, the same goes for RKD Press. In my opinion, Kim Blagg, the owner of Pagefree and RKD, and the designer who worked on my book, doesn't know much about design. My cookbook has a complex format, which she said she could do, and which I paid extra for, but she couldn't get the simplest concept - like on a two-page spread, the basic formatting should be the same (margins, drop, etc). Or how about 3/16" isn't the same as 1/8"! She was deceitful about when my book would be ready, didn't write for weeks, lied about when she would send me something, and used the wrong manuscript on more than one occasion. I would definitely avoid using them!!! Please post if you've had similar experiences because nothing much comes up on a Google search of RKD and it's the only way to alert other writers.

peisenberg

RKD Press

I've posted a complaint with the BBB against RKD Press. If you read this and decide not to go with either RKD or Pagefree Publishing, contact them at [email protected] and let them know that you aren't going with them because of my negative comments on the internet. It will help to let them know that WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE - and that poor business practices will hurt them. Thanks.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Sites are gone. Per Amazon, last books published June '09. Per RipOffReport, last complaint posted July '09. :cool:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Just for the record, Kim D. Blagg resurfaced briefly in '10 as Publish and Market (publishandmarket.com), and Sage Evans Publishing (sageevanspublishing.com). Both gone now.

Other sites were booksonscreen.com and thegreatamericanbookstore.com.