• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

What's On Your Mind About Your Writing?

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
My poor mc and his little brother are in deep shit and I don't know how to get them out of there. I think a ride is in order, for me I mean. Hopefully I can think of something on the road.

The other thing weighing on my mind is whether I'll find an audience for my stuff--a recurring nightmare, in which I write stories that nobody wants to read. That's FEAR talking: False Evidence Appearing Real. I have to knock that crap off; counterproductive to the cause.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My poor mc and his little brother are in deep shit and I don't know how to get them out of there. I think a ride is in order, for me I mean. Hopefully I can think of something on the road.

Erm, yes, with lots of calming, happy music so you can get that happy ending down just right. :D
The other thing weighing on my mind is whether I'll find an audience for my stuff--a recurring nightmare, in which I write stories that nobody wants to read. That's FEAR talking: False Evidence Appearing Real. I have to knock that crap off; counterproductive to the cause.

Ooh, I like that definition of fear! I'm also going through that atm...so hello, fellow fear-er. Fancy meeting you here.

Krystal Heart

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
What's on your mind about your writing?

The constant question whether or not I'm good enough.
Whether my characters are Mary Sues.
If I will ever get published
and finally
my characters.

Goldenleaves

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
My writing is like walking down a dark alley after midnight in the bad part of town. All my characters have tortured lives. I need to start writing about unicorns and rainbows.

Where are all my bloody unicorns? Huh? Huh? Answer me!

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
At the moment it's, 'Why am I so bad at synopses?'

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
At this moment, why am I so disconnected to my characters right now? No matter what POV I write in(which is usually some form of third person, close or "distant"), I just can't get really connected with the characters right now. So, it makes my writing choppy/weird.

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
Currently feeling sick and dealing with college stuff, so I only managed to get only a 1000 words in, bleh. :tongue

I'm really liking the story direction I'm going in, but now I'm stuck. It's not so much I don't have ideas on how to proceed--it's that I am thinking of too many ways that this story can be approached! ;)

Need more world-building as I go as well. Currently researching various mythological creatures that would fit the characters, but there are so many variants. It's hard, because I want to keep researching more and more. :D I have to be careful, or I'm going end up caught up in the research and not writing, lol.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Went for a walk today through my old haunt--the cemetery. Imma thinkin' when the weather turns nice I may be spending more time there, notebook and pen in hand. It's a nice, usually peaceful place (except today some jackwad was practice shooting his rifle, and all I heard was gunshots), though the neighbors may think it a little strange, small town and all. Maybe I'll become known as the cemetery writer girl or something. Meh. All I know is while being there I'll be away from distractions like the internet and my family, listening to some Adam Hurst or Steve Roach, or some other relaxing music. Or by spring I'll blow off the whole idea.

JustinlDew

Shortest Query Winner.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justinldew.blogspot.com
Sara; Just the opposite for me :)

Is it just me, or do you look back at some things you write and wonder just what the hell you were thinking when you wrote it.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Sara; Just the opposite for me :)

Is it just me, or do you look back at some things you write and wonder just what the hell you were thinking when you wrote it.

All the time. Just painted myself into an impossible corner at only 60 pages into a sequel. Now I'm asking the publisher to bail me out--well, help me a little.

Raison

Registered
Reaction score
Roaches. I've been writing about tree roaches.

BethS

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, some of the huge, ugly roaches found in the Southern United States love trees and wood.

Which is why if you mulch with wood chips or wood shreddings you'll have lots of roaches around (and possibly in) your house. Pine straw is the way to go.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I am awaiting with interest to see how one of my characters is going to break out of the box* I put her in. No solution has yet occurred to her. Or me.

Waiting...waiting...

(*Not a literal box.)