Emanuel Church has a donate button on their website, if you'd like to help.

See also the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 20 of 270 FirstFirst ... 101415161718192021222324252630457095120 ... LastLast

Thread: What's On Your Mind About Your Writing?

figuring it all out
    What's on my mind: Apparently there's still a heck of a lot to learn about writing once the story is complete. I wonder how long it'll take to not be overwhelmed??

practical experience, FTW SianaBlackwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCheck View Post
    What's on my mind: Apparently there's still a heck of a lot to learn about writing once the story is complete. I wonder how long it'll take to not be overwhelmed??
    Forever. #doomandgloom

On my mind - the fact that apparently the guys who colonised my planet had the following conversation:

Leader: Right, we're on a brand new alien planet. What are the first things we need?

Colonists: Kitties! T-shirts! Bacon!

Leader: *facepalm*
    SIGNATURE OF DEATH!!!

It's pretty good at killing any WIP I list here, but I'm working on trying to revive my blog.

figuring it all out MirandaWrites's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCheck View Post
    I'll second this, and add that even when I'M DONE writing, I've learned I'm nowhere near DONE writing. ... note to self... the SYW forum can be a scary place!
    Miranda
    "Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader - not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon."
    E.L. Doctorow

Official Spokesman for 3am. Writelock's Avatar
    I just know those query responses are going to fill my inbox, probably six months from now, all at the exact day, at the exact time, and I'm going to be scrambling to remember what I found so interesting about each and every one as I do one final check.
    The artist formally known as "Ne".

New(ish) kid, be gentle! scribofelidae's Avatar
    I have four and a half scenes left in this novel rewrite. I will get it done today. (One of those, "As God as my witness …!" deals.)

:3

HUZZAH!

...But you can call me Kristen. MsPuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neporsche View Post
    Now I'm thinking of getting business cards with a picture of a writer's desk. Oh, and that two articles need to be finished this weekend.
    They won't believe it's your desk... unless you're standing beside it with your cat, Doctor Evil.

Superpowers: Making babies, writing MeganJoWrites's Avatar
    What's on my mind: That I'm going to treat February like NaNoWriMo. I'm excited about it. I write better when I give myself a deadline (I guess it's my reporter roots). So. 50K in one month. I did 60K in November, so here's hoping.
    NA contemporary romance coming June 2014 from William Morrow/Harper Collins

Website/blog: meganerickson.org

"We're all mad here" - Cheshire Cat Silver-Midnight's Avatar
    Well, still no writing done today but I did get some reading done. Yay!

Wishing and hoping for the day when my current day job is a thing of the distant past, and I am a full time published and paid writer. It's the dream afterall

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Midnight View Post
    Well, still no writing done today but I did get some reading done. Yay!
    You're better than me ..Other than my posts here, I spent my morning watching hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    You're better than me ..Other than my posts here, I spent my morning watching hockey
    Hahahaha. Well, that's still something.

Right now, just effin' around and that's bugging me because I know I should be doing something. Like editing. Or writing my book. Or editing whilst writing my. . .

Bleh. I'm tired. Getting punchy.

You make my heart skip a beet. DizScare's Avatar
    I like the progress I'm making everyday. Staying positive.
    Although I'm worried that I'll hit a brick wall soon. I'm not producing as much work as I've have before. For multiple reasons.

witchParidise! hour of hearts
    Genre:Fantasy/Adventure
    Age Group:Middle School
    MCs:Luso Faithblade (MMC) & Jasper Drew(FMC)

Kate got your tongue beautiful letters's Avatar
    Hmm whats on my mind eh?

The secret ex government that has created weapons of mass destruction are very angry with me, seeing that I erased them in hopes of once again creating a peaceful mind. That wont happen I'm hearing voices again and until I get going on my completely restarted book, i'm going to have melt downs everyday. The silly characters just couldn't understand that they were becoming cliche, and I ran into a dead end with my writing! I will find peace when my book flies from random thoughts in my brain, down my arms, out my fingertips, and onto my computer. I have to go the General is call for me!

I think I've hit a massive brick wall at page 60 on the SF sequel, Planet Janitor. I'm needing me a planetary catastrophe that isn't so cliche. I've asked my publisher to throw some ideas at me. He's smart and young. I'm old, tired and set in my ways.

tri

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg Putputt's Avatar
    Awesomebeta just sent back my latest chapter...there's a scene where a little girl is stepping off a carriage. Another character reaches out to help her and she yells, "I can get off by myself!"

Beta said: "A kid 'getting off'? By herself? Could be read another way. You don't want that to be read another way. Trust me."

So what's on my mind about my writing...is how thankful I am that awesomebeta saved me from inadvertently writing something very, very wrong.
    corny: This is the way of the future. Nonsensical fragments and oozingly gross weeping sores of language spilling over the keyboard.

I feel like corny needs to have a book review site, really.

Hippo Cartoons
    Twitter

Repped by M&O

I suspect said beta reader's mind is in the gutter.

From EFFIN' ALBERT:
    I drag my eyes up, look at her face. She’s kind of pretty. I don’t think she’s wearing makeup. Her hair’s long and blond, tied in a pony tail.
    Back to that shirt. Holy crap she got big ones.

My little blog:
    /process-and-product/

Rep'd by Brent Taylor,
    http://www.triadaus.com/

practical experience, FTW FCameron's Avatar
    An agent asked me for a revise and resubmit (part one), but I've found it better to write a completely new part one rather than try to change the words in the old scenes.

The question is: When I merge, will a revision of part two be enough?

To quote Scarlett O'Hara: I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow.
    Freda Cameron

Thriller: R&R underway for agent
    Thriller: WIP
    Historical Fiction: Researching

When I'm not writing fiction, I blog (unedited) about what I love at Defining Your Home, Garden & Travel

Well, I did get some writing in today. Just a bit. But some is better than none.

Reader of gentle MG/YA bunny-gypsy's Avatar
    I'm struggling with the tone and age content with my m/m fantasy story so far.

I'm letting my MC develop on his own, but I can't pinpoint his age, since he acts really immature and lives with his guardians. Plus, he's part shape-shifter, so he tries to imitate the grownups and try to act like he's older than he is (but he fails at it so much, lol).

The way I write is more like a MG or tween book since I read (and watch lots of cartoons) lots of children's stuff. However, it may be YA, since MC has some sensual touching with his crush, (but they don't have full-on sex. Kissing, holding hands, and maybe some cuddling and sensual touching, but no naked love-making).

It's definitely not adult, but I don't think it's MG, either...But I noticed, looking at my books that were my favs to read, I usually read MG or Adult, but rarely YA/teen stuff. Upper MG, but not YA teens, lol...
    Last edited by bunny-gypsy; 02-02-2013 at 08:24 PM.

It's harder than I thought it would be to get into one of my character's heads. He's a quiet guy, so I thought he'd be bubbling underneath -- not so. He's basically only thinking about two things: the lawsuit and R. Not surprising, but not exactly scintillating reading either. Time to get out the shovel & dig!
    "Better Than New" - Love's Landscapes story, free!

The Nesting Habits of Strange Birds,
    Dreamspinner Press

On Deck:
    The Pinch of the Game, June, DsP
    Buchanan House, Aug, DsP
    Cascades, December, DsP
    Torque, Samhain, 2016

My prurient alter-ego blogs.

figuring it all out
    Right now I can't believe how much I'm actually committed to my project. A bit too much, actually given in in my penultimate term of university and am meant to be researching my thesis - that's preying on my mind a bit!

I'm also concerned that my plot's too simplistic. At the moment I'm sort of writing with the nagging feeling that this, my first WIP, will probably end up being a test run for hopefully more likely to be published ones in the future.. But hey, if I'm enjoying it what's the harm!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin janelle's Avatar
    I'm trying to figure out how to edit my novel while holding down a full-time job. I think about it a lot.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    On my mind: I keep seeing bloggers posting fabulous daily word counts (3000! 5800!) and I feel unproductive because my word count, since I'm editing my WIP, is probably a negative number as I cut and cut and cut. I'm finding it hard to track my "progress" since I can't do it with the standard "x words written today/this week/this month."

(off to write -130 more words...)

My book's revision is with my agent. I'm terrified she's not going to like it.

*bites nails*
    Website/Blog- Twitter

WIP: Hella Fun WIP
    With Betas:
    Mecha and Monsters WIP, Draft 4 [FINALLY! BE FREE, NOVEL, BE FREEEEEE]
    Published: MG Fantasy "Dragon Tamers" & "Dragon Tamers 2: Digital Tempest"

Page 20 of 270 FirstFirst ... 101415161718192021222324252630457095120 ... LastLast