AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 529 of 529 FirstFirst ... 29279429454479504519523524525526527528529
Results 13,201 to 13,206 of 13206

Thread: What's On Your Mind About Your Writing?

Gearing up to shelve the first MS indefinitely, once I've collected a few more rejections for it, and work on the second one. I hate giving up on projects, but I can't afford to keep chipping away at something which won't work in the longrun, or rather I need to concentrate energy on something more sellable in the short term.
    Deferential, glad to be of use,
    Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
    Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
    At times, indeed, almost ridiculous—
    Almost, at times, the Fool.

Banned for Trolling
    Doesn’t matter how much you get down, so much as getting diwn regularly.

Rack up 500 words evey day, and you still get 182,000 in a year.

Will I never get to The End? The more I write, the farther away the finish line looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Punk28 View Post
    Really struggling to push myself to get into this story! I didn't have this type of trouble when I was working on chapters 1-12, then did encounter something like it with 13 before returning to my usual pace on 14-21 and then, unfortunately, reverting back to having the same issue with chapter 22. Everything I write/work on feels/seems good on the day/night I write it then, on the following day, it seems uninteresting. Not every revision that I've made on this one chapter is bad, so I'm wondering what in blue blazes is wrong with me.
    Nothing is wrong with you. Did you think writing was easy? Hahahahahah. Yeah, I did too, but that was long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    I have received a critique that tells me I probably have to delve into free verse poetry, or a prose poem in my short story. Because it is kinda experimental in its subject, and poeticness would, therefore, benefit it. I am completely flattened by this. I don't even understand free verse poetry - English just doesn't flow very natural to my ears when in contemporary poems, I have to adjust my rhythm and cadence every other line when I read, both prose and poetry. How in the world can I write something like that, if I don't get it?
    Now I am the middle of an existential crisis in comprehending English in the first place.
    Every critique is not helpful. Every critique is not correct in it's assessments. Every critique is the opinion of one person. Opinions differ. Have an ice cream cone. Go for a walk. Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyH View Post
    Promoting a book is as important as writing... And often harder....
    Yes, I wouldn't know where to begin. Are you promoting your book?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Deciding whether to do NaNoWriMo for the first time and whether I'll use Scrivener or maybe something simpler from this list - https://kindlepreneur.com/best-book-writing-software/

Also thinking about 'if I could only write one book for the rest of my life, what would I choose'?

practical experience, FTW Simpson17866's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James W View Post
    Deciding whether to do NaNoWriMo for the first time and whether I'll use Scrivener or maybe something simpler from this list - https://kindlepreneur.com/best-book-writing-software/

Also thinking about 'if I could only write one book for the rest of my life, what would I choose'?
    The Scrivener 30-day free trial is 30 days of use If you only write on weekends, it would take 15 weeks to use it up

practical experience, FTW Punk28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WriteMinded View Post
    Nothing is wrong with you. Did you think writing was easy? Hahahahahah. Yeah, I did too, but that was long ago.
    Whew! Had me worried there for a moment.

Due to computer issues, I've decided to postpone any further work on my WIP until a new one is purchased and then set-up and everything from this one has been transferred to it. I just can't write/edit on this thing! The keys are either fragile or falling off the keyboard or the computer's slow or something else happens to distract or frustrate me.
    Write what's in your heart, let your fingers take over, let your brain "nap" while you write so you're not sidetracked.

Completed WIP: The Door In The Mist, The Shadower, The Misty Fire, and Smoldering Embers
    Current Works: Duru's Memoir: The Chronicle of a Surfeit and Turmoil

Page 529 of 529 FirstFirst ... 29279429454479504519523524525526527528529