— I am not going to post a link to this site because I don’t want to give them the satisfaction of providing an inbound link. I do however want to warn writers about this site. First, it appears to be a fairly new site, the domain name was registered on January 29. There are some serious problems with this site that writers NEED to pay attention to. First, they are posting for freelance writers and offering writers the opportunity to post “how to” style articles only. There does not currently appear to be a particular format that they prefer as the articles I read appeared to be largely “walls of text” with no formatting except paragraphs. I LIKE how to’s but they really DO have their own “format”.
That being neither here nor there….Here’s the problem: The site owner is offering writers $1.00 per article submitted plus AdSense revenue of 50 percent. There’s a bunch of problems though: On their sign up page here is what it says:
Are You Ready to Start?
- Sign up for an account for free.
- Login to your account and click on “My Advertising” at the top left side of the page, and enter your Google Adsense ID.
- Start writing.
Clearly they don’t know how AdSense works – if I add my AdSense account to the page then it’s my AdSense account that gets credited so how does this come up to 50 percent? I’m sure there’s an answer that I can’t find yet.
Next: This little gem:
You Understand That…
- The articles published on HowToee.com can not be published anywhere else later.
- The articles published on HowToee.com belong to HowToee.com and will be kept on this site as long as its owners and directors want.
- You can not promote affiliate links, adult and illegal websites on your articles.
- We reserve the right of approving/disapproving, and keeping or removing the articles and writers accounts.
Really? You are going to pay me the princely sum of $1.00 and some advertising revenue in return for my turning 100 percent ownership of my work over to you FOREVER? Really? Ya, thanks but no thanks – the two people who have submitted content on your site are likely the ONLY two who will or you’ll wind up with a bunch of garbage like other cheap paying sites. Have fun.