Hello and Welcome to the Mental Health Hotline

KZDarkheart

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, My name is KZ, but since that cant be a user name I added my last name to it, Darkheart.

But you guys can call me KZ, Darkheart, or KZDarkheart, It makes no difference to me!

FYI I am not some prolific writer... In fact I personally would say that I don't really like writing... Mostly because I find it very difficult and I Really S**k at spelling...

But by far the saddest thing is that there is no homophone I can't mess up, mix up, or s***w my self with, etc.

And Now everyone's next question is "Okay.... Then why are you HERE?"
Well I'll answer that later/below. :evil

Just In case you couldn't already Tell... I Love Quotes the funny, the great, and the profound... And good impressions

(At this time I will explain why this form is "Re appearing" and why you will no longer understand that last statement.
I was severely caught off guard by the comedic restrictiveness of this place. I will strive to be more reasonable from here on out. And so I have Removed the "Listed" Offensive Materiel from this re-post.
For any and all to reference I quoted "The Mental Health Hotline" short inter spaced one line at a time until it ran out off lines. [Warning Offensive Material: Link to quoted short Here] <--(So this wont get deleted again))

I am a College student, Where is none of your or anyone else business, Except mine.

Now for the Answer you've been waiting for... but its long so stay with me... I a big fan of Science, electronics, physics(IamNotAnAtheist) etc. And well... As it goes I'm also a big fan of Fantasy and Science Fiction stories, tv shows, movies, and Books.

And as it turns out I'm actually quite good at making stuff up... errr telling stories... uuum thinking up Good Fantasy/Sci Fiction. So I went GM for a few years and its helped a lot but now I think its time to really get down to business as far as the writing books/short stories kind of stuff goes.

My Dream is not to be some sort of super amazing writer, I do want the things I write to be good and to be more then just entertainment. I want the things I write to have value to those who read them. I have long since thought through several series of books/stories that I would like to write, the first ones being Very important both personally and global-sociologically are too important to leave to chance.

That is why I am Here.

This first series is to be written for Kids(9 to 12).
So here's my Conundrum: I've Never been normal in this regard, I grew up way to fast, and I knew quite well what evil was by age 7. In my stories the Villeins are truly evil characters, and I refuse to compromise on that Critical Idea.
So, how do I make a Villein Evil with out making the story incomprehensible or to mature for children of that age?

Thank you for Listening and Reading my Long winded Introduction.
Feel Free to Criticize(Constructive) and Answer/Comment!

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
This first series is to be written for Kids(9 to 12).
So here's my Conundrum: I've Never been normal in this regard, I grew up way to fast, and I knew quite well what evil was by age 7. In my stories the Villeins are truly evil characters, and I refuse to compromise on that Critical Idea.
So, how do I make a Villein Evil with out making the story incomprehensible or to mature for children of that age?

First suggestion would be to read more of the genre you're writing. There's some great examples out there. You'll see what gets published -- how much blood, gore, dark material and subject matter.

Alternately, and probably more important, just write it. Go forth, hammer the keys, tell your tale. If it's compelling and marketable, it will find the right audience, and it will be your tale - dark, light, whatever.

Good luck.

KZDarkheart

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions Williebee. I should definitely try that. So then... I guess its off to B&N... dang it takes for ever to get there...

Rooke

No compromises, except...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, this is a great place to improve.

lwallace

Writing Is a Habit of Mind
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome

A hearty welcome, KZDarkheart. Cruise the many forums and stopping off spots. Regards,

Lynn

DMac

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations KZ.
I feel your pain. I am a Christian writer and the only work I have developed so far is far to dark and graphic for Christian markets. But it is so unapologetically Christian that it would probably not get accepted by mainstream markets either.
I agree with Williebee except in order. First and foremost anyone who does this for money or fame is either a fool or a masochist, maybe both. You write because that is what you MUST do. So write the story, pound the keyboard, wear out the pencil, drain the pen or chisel it in stone. The last one may not be a great idea because no matter how much of a genius writer you are, there will be revisions. But the first order of business is to calm the angels (celestial or fallen) that are driving you by letting the story out. Then it will be time to get to work.

Last edited:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

KZDarkheart

Registered
Reaction score
Nope, I don't think I've ever even heard of synthetictruth.com... well I'm going to go visit this site... what ever it is... Bye!
PS: its also somewhat disturbing to think that some one else has my name.... hmmmm

rachelmachelsmachel

rachelsmachel
Registered
Reaction score
whoops sorry it's synthetictruth.net. I just checked again and her name is actually kherezae... guess my memory is no good (except for publicly embarrassing myself)