Mitt to the Poor: "Drop Dead."

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Not much comes out of it? Besides kids starving you mean?

No, I don't think that what was meant. Assuming he gets the nomination, those who want to support Romney and/or oppose Obama will ignore this as simply a bad choice of words.

Those who oppose and/or support Romney will decide that these words means exactly what you're claiming, no matter what else he says.

He's already clarified, but will people believe him? Some will, some won't, but out of all the people that hear it, how many of those are undecided swing voters?

Obama has his share of moments when he's said things that I'm sure he wished he hadn't. Zero pointed out one. The whole clinging to Gods & guns things were another. I have no doubt both of them will put their foot in their mouth more than a few times between now and the election.

That's not going to decide the election.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mitt's comment reminds me of Obama's 'spreading the wealth' remark to Joe the Plumber last election cycle. It did not affect Obama much, so let's see what happens to Romney.

And in my opinion, the politicians who come out and slam Romney for his comments aren't much better than him since they don't do much of anything to solve the problem either. Money is spent to help the poor, but not much comes out of it. What is needed is a change in strategy that does not include simply throwing money at a problem that no one in Washington is willing to undertake.

Which is consistent because as far as the presumed Republican front-runner goes, it's a problem he's not willing to undertake either.

No, I don't think that what was meant. Assuming he gets the nomination, those who want to support Romney and/or oppose Obama will ignore this as simply a bad choice of words.

Those who oppose and/or support Romney will decide that these words means exactly what you're claiming, no matter what else he says.

He's already clarified, but will people believe him? Some will, some won't, but out of all the people that hear it, how many of those are undecided swing voters?

Obama has his share of moments when he's said things that I'm sure he wished he hadn't. Zero pointed out one. The whole clinging to Gods & guns things were another. I have no doubt both of them will put their foot in their mouth more than a few times between now and the election.

That's not going to decide the election.

You're right. What is does do is confirm what many already suspected about Romney. He doesn't like people very much and he doesn't identify with their problems at all.

In some ways, this is the most honest moment I've ever seen from Mittens.

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A word from a registered Republican:

Whenever I look at Romney, I want to vomit.

But I don't support Obama's (or democratic) economic policies.

So. Sucks to be me.

Last edited:

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
So glad he's the front runner. (as his smary slick projections just cant be hidden)

hope it stays that way, and no surprises come.