Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
* Holds up a small sealed aquarium with his tiny silver Velociraptor inside. Shaking it, watching the critter splatter against the wall before the small demon reformed and gave him back a dirty look. *

Well, can't speak for anyone else, but I'll all packed. Curious to see what new place Haggis has picked out for us.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
I mean, we could all simply wait and see if the new location I've picked out is more conducive to evil or butterflies.

Your call.

I pick butterflies.

Only because the chances for fresh new meat are bigger. Only reason. Really.

:D

There's a difference between "taking one for the team," and "being disemboweled for the team."

Really, there is.

Sure there is, but I mean, it's so itty bitty teeny tiny. You wouldn't feel a thing, I'm sure. Nothing at all.

And I do believe we could all use a snack, too.

:D

Hello, Hounds. Today will be a day of shopping with the kidlets. Not looking forward to spending the money, but it's necessary. :)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Beware the butterflies??

:Wha:
They move...weirdly. Like they're on marionette strings. It's stilted or something. Like small bits of time are cut out RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU when they move. Milliseconds of natural movement, giving them an unnatural gait.

Plus, did you know that if you accidentally touch them wrong they CAN DIE. You can crush them easily. :eek: That's just too much responsibility for me, man.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So... butterflies are extra-dimensional/temporal beings?

I never looked at it that way, but it would explain the weird, gooey process that happens when they go from caterpillar to butterfly. Did you know they essentially *liquefy* inside a cocoon?

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
BTW, Greg? You know that thing we...well...if it's still there and all, I mean. You know where I'm going with this and all, right? No use upsetting the others.

I guess I'm asking if there's some way to contain it so it doesn't make the trip with us. Not that I'm a bigot or anything. No, sir. But it has eaten a few earlier Horror mods, and I was just thinking, if we could distract it with a sheepy the instant before we moved...

Catch my drift?

See what you can do. Okay?

Hmmm, well, if a coupla' tens of thousands of tons of Bolo sitting on top of it isn't enough there's the Shield of Ebon spell that, ahem, someone cast around it plus the anti-Cray minefield and the Claymores it'd have to get through.

We should be good for a few days, at least. Bob won't mind sitting on top of it and occasionally grinding his treads in place for a few days. I promised him he'd get to shoot his hellbores when we got back.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Meh, perhaps. But it's a fine line.

Okay, a jagged line, perhaps. But still.

The thing is, do you want to be remembered as a stand up sheep? A pillar of the pasture? A fearless protector of the flock? Or as the Anti-Christ of the Abattior?

It's ewer'e decision. We'll do what we have to do. That's all we can do.

Ya' know - a blood sacrifice would not be unwarranted in this case. We could slather lamb's blood over the threshold of the bar and perform the proper rituals...

Now, where's I stash that Ark thingie I sto..., er, borrowed from that government warehouse?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, well, if a coupla' tens of thousands of tons of Bolo sitting on top of it isn't enough there's the Shield of Ebon spell that, ahem, someone cast around it plus the anti-Cray minefield and the Claymores it'd have to get through.

We should be good for a few days, at least. Bob won't mind sitting on top of it and occasionally grinding his treads in place for a few days. I promised him he'd get to shoot his hellbores when we got back.

But that means the sheep will follow us.:(

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Between a normal living breathing sheep or an undead sheep, I would rather go with the first option, thankyouverymuch. :eek:

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Butterflies are the escaped souls of the unrighteous dead trapped forever in this continuum. If you listen closely you can hear them screaming...it sounds kinda' like the rustling of wings.

That's... actually pretty poetic. In a very Horror-y kind of way. :eek:

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
But that means the sheep will follow us.:(

Not if we sacrifice 'im to the Dark Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young...

Er, though that might be what we're trying to contain.

Still, there's winners and losers in any ritualistic bloodletting. I'm all for the sheepie one being on the loser side.

Sorry, Bos. It's for you're own good, you know. And ours, of course...

<tests edge of flensing knife>

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks.

I'm sure Bos would appreciate that.

Because it's only of him I'm thinking of. Not of me, and what nightmares I might have on account of an undead sheep. Not that at all. Not in the least.

Just Bos. *nod nod nod*

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Can we still haul him up on top of the old Aztek pyramid out back and cut out his still-beating heart with an obsidian dagger and hold it to the heavens as a sacrifice to the Eater of Souls and Opener of the Ways?

Please...?

I'll throw sparkly stuff in the air and all around the sacrificial altar, I promise.

Last edited:

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Er.. depends, I guess? What happens next to it?

I mean, not that I'm worried about this. At all. Not that I scare easy. Nope. Not at all.

So... really... what happens to the sheep afterwards?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Can we still haul him up on top of the old Aztek pyramid out back and cut out his still-beating heart with an obsidian dagger and hold it to the heavens as a sacrifice to the Eater of Souls and Opener of the Ways?

Please...?

I'll throw sparkly stuff in the air and all around the sacrificial altar, I promise.
I'ma making haggis on Monday, Greg. I'll be needing that heart. His lungs and liver too. Is it possible to sacrifice, say, his thyroid instead?

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So... butterflies are extra-dimensional/temporal beings?
Right. I honestly don't understand why this isn't obvious to everyone. :rolleyes:
I never looked at it that way, but it would explain the weird, gooey process that happens when they go from caterpillar to butterfly. Did you know they essentially *liquefy* inside a cocoon?
See!

Nobody suspects the butterfly!
Exactly. Have we learned nothing from sexy vampires? Nothing *that* beautiful can be harmless.

Status
Not open for further replies.