Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
yeah, i ran across some a while back by accident. I really like old pics..black and white--way back when. Found some really cool ones on this one site...until I realized that they were all dead in the photos...freakin' creepy! And the children and baby pics were just too much I couldn't look at them. :'( I didn't know they were dead at first because they actually pose the bodies in sitting and even standing positions...whole families in some cases. And while people may think that was morbid of them, the reason it was done a lot of the time is bc families were too poor to get pics so the only pic they had of a family member was usually the post-mortem one.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
And while people may think that was morbid of them, the reason it was done a lot of the time is bc families were too poor to get pics so the only pic they had of a family member was usually the post-mortem one.
Right. I'm sure they weren't trying to be morbid. But, damn. The way they posed them, like you say...It's just not natural. I kinda think it'd be better to just pose them how you'd pose the dead. And maybe take a picture of the family in some sort of reverent pose beside them.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Coming across those pictures, I'd rather that they would've been posed in coffins or laying down at least I wouldn't have been so creeped out by them, but I think they were trying to capture them in a way they'd like to remember them, like when they were alive...if that makes sense. :Shrug:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Coming across those pictures, I'd rather that they would've been posed in coffins or laying down at least I wouldn't have been so creeped out by them, but I think they were trying to capture them in a way they'd like to remember them, like when they were alive...if that makes sense. :Shrug:
Some of them were posed that way, in coffins etc. But I don't think that was common.

Or maybe, people at some point said, "Hey, this is kinda morbid, don't you think? Instead of making them look alive, let's just make sure they look dead." You know, slightly *less* morbid. :tongue

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

Well, in any case I'm sure I'll have some lovely nightmares tonight about it. :scared:

gotta get some z's the alarm will be going off soon and I'll have that dead look all day tomorrow at work if I don't get some sleep.

later hounds

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
Cool concept, thanks for answering my question :)

No problem. Got the idea while watching Buffy, one of the recuring minor characters is a peacefull demon. He doesn't look all that human though, and I find monsters that it's hard to distinguish from you or I scarier than clearly non-human monsters. I write about both because they can still scare me, I mean, one of the stories I'm working on soon has a werewolf that keeps her human mind while she's hunting. She doesn't hunt for food or because of instincts like other wolves, she hunts for fun, because she enjoys the fear and terror of her prey. The scent, the sight, the taste, the sound of their fear.

Last edited:

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
The most horrifying thing happened - my phone is dead, and I don't have a cord for it, so it can't be charged. I am phoneless until the cord comes in the mail. So not cool.

Okay, on to real horror, the two preteens in that case are twelve. They're also being tried as adults, which I think is a hell of a lot scarier than what they attempted to do. They're still children. They have no concept of reality - as evidenced by what they did. Treating them like grown-ups is messed up.

Blaming it on Creepypasta, though, and Slenderman? Man, horror is treated badly enough. We don't need the extra ding to our reputation.

The kids need therapy, certainly. Probably also need to have the difference between real and not real explained to them - I know we've had many real vs. fake conversations with my little brother regarding television (Power Rangers, Lab Rats, Kickin' It, etc), so that he'd know the difference (because otherwise, shockingly, no, children don't know that magic hasn't just happened).

If a kid jumped out the window thinking he was Harry Potter, nobody would blame JK Rowling. They'd blame the parents.

Further, I can't be the only one of us that actually owns a scythe, can I? The dang thing is taller than I am, but oh, so pretty.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
This one wasn't quite that bad, Ted. It's more of an everyday carry around scythe. Thing I didn't realize: oh my gosh they are heavy. And oh my gosh they are TOP HEAVY. I imagine a good scythe built for a reaper would balance better. It would have to. But your average stalky-teen reapertype would have awesome arm strength carrying it around even half of the time, let alone most or all.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Those are always the hardest to find shoes to match. I mean, heels are too dressy. And yet sneakers just aren't menacing enough...

Thus the invention of boots. Boots are the perfect combination of classy and casual. Guaranteed to go with every scythe.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I need a scythe to go with my boots!!! I knew I was missing something when I wore them.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Thus the invention of boots. Boots are the perfect combination of classy and casual. Guaranteed to go with every scythe.

And elegant. There's just nothing that beats leather for saying, "Style and elegance." AND blood and brains washes right off of good, quality-cured leather boots.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Wings are good accessories for boots, too, though. And fire. Fire's good.

Beyond blood and guts, boots are also great for ankle support. Never underestimate the usefulness of good ankle support.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Wings are good accessories for boots, too, though. And fire. Fire's good.

Beyond blood and guts, boots are also great for ankle support. Never underestimate the usefulness of good ankle support.

Aw, thanks Bri! It's good to know that I'm in fashion, sometimes I worry about that when I'm burning down villages or stalking cows.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sure :Shrug: But where's your link? :popcorn:

Fine, fine.

There are some here if you scroll down a bit.

Remember Jude Law's character in Road to Perdition? Well, the photography aspect of it was more or less true to life.

Also here and here.

But, uh, just a heads up. These are crime scene photos. Tread appropriately.

Last edited:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, that's true. Some of the riding boots were nice.

But not as awesome as the goth boots a lot of ladies have.

Do they make goth cowboy boots?
oooooh, if not they totally should!

ETA: just googled and there are some kinda cool gothic cowboy boots. Look and see!

Also, my auto correct just wanted to do amazing things with that last sentence. Including changing googled to "footless" and Gothic to "Cornish"... :Wha:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.