Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
That reminds me, I need to watch this.

ETA: Reminder, self--close your codes properly. (Sorry...)

Last edited:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
That reminds me, I need to watch this.
Oh man, I remember that movie! I remember the first time I saw it, I think I was...12? A friend and I rented it when I slept over at her house. :tongue

ETA: Wait, I'm assuming that goes to Parents. When I first click on it it goes nowhere, but when I refresh it brings up Parents in search results. :Wha: If that's not the movie it takes you to, then...er...never mind. Ignore me and carry on. :gone:

Last edited:

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I'm really excited about this opportunity with the Clive Barker Midian anthology. I think I finally have a place to send something that just totally lets things fly. Having a world already made helps. And having pretty much "anything goes" just makes me feel like a little kid.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm really excited about this opportunity with the Clive Barker Midian anthology. I think I finally have a place to send something that just totally lets things fly. Having a world already made helps. And having pretty much "anything goes" just makes me feel like a little kid.
If I can pull my act together in time, I'm sending that one I have. I'm definitely not playing with the existing world, though. So I don't know... They say that you can make your own new characters that fit the "Nightbreed mold". I'm not sure mine does, but we'll see.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Hang on hang on hang on--What Clive Barker anthology are we talking about?

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Oh hell, it's one of those shared world things--boo! :( Y'all have fun, but I hate writing those things.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I really think the one you sent me has a character that fits perfectly.
Yeah, but it's not the main character, is it? See, I'm wondering if that's a problem.

Also, because they say "We’re looking for stories of struggle and despair, of hope and sanctification, as the former inhabitants of Midian try to adapt to the world from which they retreated years before. "

And though they say you can use original characters, I'm wondering if you should reference Midian at the very least. Which would mean I'd have to go back and do some tweaking.

ETA: Yeah, as Rhoda says, it's a shared world thing. And I haven't written anything that references the world.

Last edited:

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
LOL. I missed you guys. THat's enough. Unfortunately I also wish I had missed what happened in realspace while I was gone. Looooooooooong story of woe and despair.

The gist of which is my brother moved his freaking b*tch of a girlfriend into the house, she somehow got her driver's license while living here, wrecked her car and almost killed my brother, I hate seeing life flights now, and my computer crashed more times than I want to think about, erasing a WIP I hadn't saved yet.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I also wish I had missed what happened in realspace while I was gone.
:rolleyes: THAT'S what the bourbon/vodka/tequila is for. :D I miss what's happening in realspace all the time.

The gist of which is my brother moved his freaking b*tch of a girlfriend into the house, she somehow got her driver's license while living here, wrecked her car and almost killed my brother, I hate seeing life flights now, and my computer crashed more times than I want to think about, erasing a WIP I hadn't saved yet.
Ugh! :( And your WIP....I'm so sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.