Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah, we're safe.

Sirens went off and we had some ugly skies for most of the evening. The nearest tornado was about twenty miles north of us in a field.

Thankfully.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...mIHYBQ&usg=AFQjCNFHEPdOed6fIYrdG9WqK65mx29RZA

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...mIHYBQ&usg=AFQjCNFpP_cOHXaRs7zVMhTnMyDwllvQ5g

(Neither shot by me. This Skwirrel was in her living room, safely watching the warnings on TV)

:Jaw:

now those are freakin' scary. :scared: Very glad that you're alright, Laurie. :Hug2:

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
We were supposed to get a bunch of storms but they all went around us.

Tonight, coming home from work, I almost ran over a coon dragging a dead rabbit across the road. I had to slam on the brakes and I missed him by 4 feet. I had to back up and go around because he didn't want to leave his fresh kill behind.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com

I've never seen a raccoon eating/hunting anything as big as a rabbit. Must be slim pickings in your neck of the woods, Ted. Yikes

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website

I've never seen a raccoon eating/hunting anything as big as a rabbit. Must be slim pickings in your neck of the woods, Ted. Yikes

It was a big friggin' coon! Seriously. The coons up here get rather large. And I've been seeing a lot of rabbits in recent months. I'm thinking it got lucky.

We have a ton of coyotes around my area and I'm pretty sure they eat rather well. Between the deer and cats, their populations are growing rapidly.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Greg is in severe shock tonight.

I just spent $935 booking train ticket reservations for my mother to get her back to California starting Monday. I have a $70 prescription to pick up (if I can when I can), a $315 payment to make to DPS, a $173 payment owed to my landlords, $25 to the tag agency (eventually), $85 to car insurance (due this coming Sunday), a $25 water bill, and a $45 electricity bill to be paid.

My next paycheck comes on the 5th, my car payment's not due until the 2nd of July (when my insurance jacks through the roof to $230 a month), but my rent's due then too.

I am so positively Haggisfrakkered for the next couple weeks it's unbelievable...

And just yesterday this trip was going to cost me $765...

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Greg, supposedly today was payday for us, but because I missed a day due to car troubles and some guy in India says I didn't do a call right my paycheck was almost half what it usually is.

Somebody ain't gettin' paid--that's all I'm saying. Because I'll be damned if I go 2 weeks without food.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Ted, look to see if there's an outfit called FlexiCrew in your neighborhood. They're a temp agency, but they treated me really well and got me into APSCO where I'm currently employed.

If not them, look at Kelly Temps too. I worked as a temp for them for about 2-1/2 years.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I swear I am cursed. My sisters cannot take my mother (or, more likely, aren't willing to) AFTER I made the trip reservations for her on Amtrak. I'm now out $935 because the tickets aren't refundable.

I am so pissed at my sisters right now I could chew nails. I'm out $933 and they couldn't care fucking less. Rot in hell bitches. I wouldn't send our mother back to live with you now if you begged me to.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Nope, it's an evoucher keyed to my mother's ID. I'll have to pull her out of the nursing home and take her to the DMV (DPS here) to get her ID renewed, if I can (we might need to get her birth certificate from California and that takes more time and money) then take her back to the nursing home and then wait until she dies or my sisters decide they can or will take her in in California.

I know that my oldest sister had already decided to place her in a "facility" once she got there so that's a strike against her for lying to me in the first place. I can't take her in myself as my place isn't big enough and I can barely feed myself right now what with a new car payment, outrageous insurance payments, and gas prices going through the roof.

That light up ahead - it's an oncoming train.

Going by a gold & silver place and then an army surplus store this afternoon to see if any of her jewelry and coins or two pieces of Nazi memorabilia (a German cross with 1813 printed on it (probably a fake from looking around online) and a German coin with a Nazi symbol on it (10 fennig Nazi coin worth no more than $10)) will fetch any money.

Last edited:

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
:( so sorry Greg. Sometimes relatives suck major time- and to do this to their mother ggrrrr...

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Our bonuses are tied to QA's and attendance. I missed a day because of my car and that took care of about half my bonus. I got totally hosed on QA's so that's the other half. After all the deductions, I'm left with bugats.

I really hate my company.

My experience is 99% industrial and farming (I did teach school for a while--ugh). Although you break your back and bust your balls in manufacturing (and moving up the ladder is slow-going), I've found physical labor is good for the mind and the sleep is fantastic. My 2 cents, anyway.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Not much physical labor around here anymore. Most of the manufacturing jobs have left. Sometimes you can get in with a farm and milk cows. The pay is good but you end up pretty much married to the farm.

If I had a backyard or garage, I'd be scrapping and doing my old horse trading routine again. I made decent money doing that.

ASC McLaren

Intended for mature audiences
Registered
Reaction score
Not much physical labor around here anymore. Most of the manufacturing jobs have left. Sometimes you can get in with a farm and milk cows. The pay is good but you end up pretty much married to the farm.

If I had a backyard or garage, I'd be scrapping and doing my old horse trading routine again. I made decent money doing that.
I work in manufacturing, (well, I teach people how to build airplanes) those jobs are getting scarce.

BTW, Washington outlawed "farm marriage" a few years ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.