FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
:roll:

We need New Year's resolutions here, guys. Either in thread, or a specific thread to deal with them. You have three days to come up with how you are gonna change (hopefully without Cronenbergian mutation sequences).

Get thinking. :)

We also need reports on how we did on last year's resolutions. My year's results are up and I'll get cracking on next year's.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
We also need reports on how we did on last year's resolutions.

Oh gods...

I screwed up big-time on the healthy living part.
The exercise regime... didn't really work out.
I think I get a pass on the "sell stuff" as I have other things going on.
The "sort your life out" part - *sigh*

Yeah. Turns out those damn resolutions are a pain.

Oh, the one thing I DID manage (magnificently, if I do say so myself) was the planning - I have things keeping myself busy for the next year or three solid, so there's that.

Or one really long day (or night).

That reminds me of a hokey old SF story about miners working on Mercury, where they find that getting their contracts renegotiated to days instead of years didn't work out well for them...

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I resolved to read my TBR pile before buying any more books. Failed miserably. I read quite a few, in addition to checking stuff out from the library, but the pile itself nearly doubled in size...

(Yes, I counted.)

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
It's 86 deep right now. Not counting ebooks. I'm literally surrounded by them.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I don't think you quite get the concept of New Year's, Soapy. It is tradition. :tongue
Fine. If I must. :rolleyes:

But my New Year's resolutions are, what's the word?... retroactive to last October, okay. :D I made all the changes I need to make then. Diet, exercise, booze, caffeine (cut WAY down), um...other life sorting stuff. I'm already full swing into my New Year's resolutions.

As for reporting on last year's...
I think I did pretty well.
I read more.
I worked (a lot) less.
I focused on my kids more (could be improved a little more in 2013 though).
And I wrote a shit-ton. Like, A LOT. (I'm not sure I can improve on that in 2013, not without cutting family out entirely. :tongue)

My 2013 resolution is to just stick with all that stuff. I really shouldn't aim any higher, I'll get unstable and all wobbly and stuff and fall. :D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I have more unread books than that in the Edge and Adam Steele series. Then there is the kung fu stuff I have barely touched (there are a couple of series which run to over a hundred books, and I have been waiting to get the complete runs), and the hokey - though immensely fun - YA mystery stack...

"My name is Gary, and I am an addict."

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on being an addict, but I have the whole year, right? Oh, wrong kind of addict... I haven't even gotten any booze for New Years! Sheesh, this whole drinking more thing isn't quite taking off as I had hoped it would. :e2bummed:

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm good for the most part. I have a horribly exhausting crappy job from hell that takes up all my life, but other than that I'm good.

Thanks for the Merry Christmas rep btw!

How are you?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, you must've gotten a job where I work :O I'm soooo sorry. :Hug2:

meh...I'm rolling downhill like a snowball in hell smack dab into the new year.

And it's cold, very cold here. Every night is in the single digit. The cold is not my friend.
;)

oh, and you're very welcome. :) Hope you had a good one.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Its freezing here too! I really hate the cold aswell. My mom thankfully got me a heating blanket for christmas! I'm lucky right now though because my bf has a fever and as sad it is that he is sick, its warm and cozy under the blankets because of him. Like sleeping with a radiator... sadly he is snoring like a bear with his stuffy nose and there is a party going on downstairs which is why I cant sleep despite how tired i am.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
hmm...wonky eyes can't be good. Maybe it's too much time staring at the screen (it gives me really bad headaches) or could be the lighting, maybe? :Hug2:

Ally, good to hear bf's suffering is supplying comfort. :D I need a sick bf. :D But I think I'd rather have one of those heated throws. ;) I actually have one, but I can't find the stinking cord to it. :e2bummed:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
well its the least he can do since i came over risking my own health now to take care of him. Filled him with chicken noodle soup and Motrin.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Aw...how sweet. I think I'm getting ill as well, can you swing by and bring me some nachoes?

:D

you can't get in bed with me, though, so bring your electric blanket. :D

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I'm on the rise. I feel like writing again (after an awful last 4 months in my personal life involving arrests, accusations, assault, an assault & battery, being hunted, etc, etc), but I'm coming back up. I've got a good job, an office, desk, and even my own phone line, and I'm 32 documents away from clearing a 12-inch stack of 2-6 page documents off my priority list with the deadline looming. I'm going to make that deadline and then I'll get to work on the plethora of other projects this company has been allowing to gather for at least the last 5-6 years. I've got WIPs in progress and things started/not finished that I'm finding myself eager to get back to. I've missed self-imposed deadlines, but I have a 60k word book in the FOTS series nearly ready to go, a 30k word book of Third Pulse nearly ready, 20k words on Gated, and almost 6k words on Hivers. I have at least 6 short stories in various stages of production too.

Sometime this coming year I will be resolving various legal issues and getting my DL back and buying a new car, might be moving to a better apartment, and plan to buy a new laptop, a new TV, reobtain my cable and Internet connection, eat etter, and enjoy myself more by doing more that I enjoy, but not less for others (excepting certain people who proved they didn't deserve my friendship or love).

2013's going to be a good year.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I'm having chili dogs this evening and starting a batch of ham & beans (a lot of ham, a couple cans each of southern style ranch and kidney beans, a bit of onion, some chili powder, paprika, and other seasonings).

I had Charlie's Chicken takeout last night (half a rotisserie chicken plus mashed potatoes & gravy, baked beans, and coleslaw).

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
For some reason, two nights in a row, I've been really nauseous. I think it has something to do with the lighting at work, staring too much at a computer screen and not giving my eyes a break.

I have to go to work now. We'll see how it goes when I come back. I might need to give the eyes a few hours rest before I can get back on. We'll see.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
We also need reports on how we did on last year's resolutions. My year's results are up and I'll get cracking on next year's.

I aimed for not giving up.

Kind of succeeded - I only gave up in short, sporadic bursts at a time and am wrapping up the year with ambitions of finishing the novel by the summer solstice.

Status
Not open for further replies.