Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
In my book none of the towns exist, but it's all in the (future) U.S. since I've never been anywhere I prefer to make them all fiction. :Shrug:

Nope never seen that.

I'm finished with my story for the short fiction contest here. All that's left is formatting and a few edits. :hooray:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
That. Is. EXTREMELY BAD!!

I don't even know how you managed to type. :O

...and I'm almost out of creamer. :cry:
I KNOW! I almost didn't even bother getting up today. :rolleyes: But I'm gonna get more at some point today.

I'm tired of this stupid cold already. Oh well.

Anybody ever watch Paranormal State? One of the guys from that show is making movies now under the title of American Ghost Hunter. Funny thing is, the movie is about a town that doesn't seem to exist--Persia, Illinois. There's a Persia, Iowa, but not in Illinois. Weird.
I've heard of it, I think, but haven't seen it.

I did watch the new American Horror Story last night. Well, I started it. Then I fell asleep. It was slow. And not that scary. :Shrug: The opening credits were scarier than the show. But maybe they're going for that whole slow build-up thing...:idea:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm finished with my story for the short fiction contest here. All that's left is formatting and a few edits. :hooray:
:hooray: Good for you, Night! I ended up not doing that contest. Really, really trying to stay focused on the novel. If it's a public voting thing like the others have been, I'm totally there, though.

I write about the town I used to live in because it sucks so badly. It's really a manure pit.
Heh. I do this as well. Eastern WA is all "wine country" now, and people think it's, like, a destination spot. But it was the armpit of the state when I lived there. I can't drive thru some of the cities without getting physically ill. So many bad things and bad memories there. Makes for *REALLY* good horror, considering it was horror show on a daily basis. :rolleyes:

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Wow! Just worked out the population dynamics for the creatures in Hivers. They could give aphids a run for their money. With just 3 swarms loose, they could have a mature population well north of a few million in just 60 days with the right food supply (the only thing that's checked them in the past is human hostility, low density human populations, and lack of food supplies).

I know what they are now and they'll be connected, on one level, to my novel "Hatchings", and on a more direct level, to my story "Survivor".

Hehehe... I'm putting in an homage to the old movies "Them" and "The Beginning Of The End" as well as a sort off off-hand hat tip to an old and scary UFO story early in the book.

Now to get the thing finished even though I'm just getting started.

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
Greg, the realism will pay off in the future, I'm sure.

It's in my lungs now. Breathing is a bit difficult. I hope I can get this crap out.

Would you quit breathing on the computer! I'm pretty sure germs have found a way to traval via the internet.

*Sprays Lysol*

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!

that is all

no wait, there's more

aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

:/

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: you might have to break down and go to the doctoer, Ted. Could be the flu. :/

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
:Hug2: you might have to break down and go to the doctoer, Ted. Could be the flu. :/

No puking or anything. In fact, I'm always hungry. I eat some soup, less than an hour later I'm hungry.

But this fever is freezing the hell out of me. I'm wearing sweats, my apartment is warm and I'm covered in a blanket and I just can't get warm.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I hate going to the clinics. I feel for you, Ted. But it's probably necessary, plus you don't want to miss too much work. Well, you probably do, but if you're like me you can't afford to. :/

You haven't been around any poo-slinging monkeys have you?

oh, and I meant doctor not doctoer. so :e2tongue: undead doggie.

ASC McLaren

Intended for mature audiences
Registered
Reaction score
I hope you feel better very soon Ted!

*applies Lysol and vinegar solution liberally to the thread. Launches balloons filled with both solutions at Ted's Van*

Laurie, I think Ted's van needs something to remove evidence more then germs, unless.... Ted, did you get this from a victim passenger?

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ted, did you get this from a victim passenger?
I keep telling him, he's *got* to stop ingesting them. I swear, that's how these things are picked up.

Ted, you don't have tremors or fits of uncontrollable laughter or anything, right?

:Hug2: Jokes aside, I really hope you're able to kick this soon. :(

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Laurie, I think Ted's van needs something to remove evidence more then germs, unless.... Ted, did you get this from a victim passenger?

Evidence is never an issue in the Van. It's filled with puppies and sugar.

Contagion on the other hand... That carp thrives in places like that.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
The fever broke sometime early this morning. The migraine lasted a little longer. I'm gonna try going to work for a couple of hours. I'm not hacking like I was, I can talk and there's no fever.

Of the many bugs I've had, this was a rather sucky one. I think that's part of getting older--your body knows the drill so the little ones don't get through. If you get sick, it's a bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.