Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Honestly though, I only logged on yesterday, maybe the day before? Idk, the days are blurring together again.
So, truly, I didn't know you were off having fun.

I'm assuming you had fun on your vacation?

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Bos has come back? Nice.

I have the day off but I gotta go in for some extra hours n' stuff. Plus I'm gonna get trained to take Soup Calls. This way, when somebody calls in screaming and says "Lemme talk to you Supervisor" I get to tell the person how stupid they are.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
But... what if one of the angry customers KNOWS Klingon?

(and am I the only one who thinks that word looks like some brand of fabric softener?)

That's fine, the QA people are in India and the odds of one of them knowing Klingon are pretty low.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I - foolishly - went and bought the version with the documentary instead of the shiny, remastered picture. The last time I watched it I had to futz with the controls for half an hour to get the contrast and sharpness right for the film. With all the hype about BluRay discs, I would have thought that remastering all the old B&W films would have been a priority, but noooo... Awful, awful releases in the last couple of years (there's still not a watchable I Walked With A Zombie DVD, for instance).

hum... Can't remember which one I've got. It was the only one available at the time, so it might be the one you've got.

I had never heard of I Walked With a Zombie! Looks fun. :)

Bleh... Still feeling a bit :( about Harry Harrison... He was one of my all time favourites. Him and Bradbury both gone now. The world is definitely a mite emptier.

Matheson is feeling OK, isn't he? *googles*

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Don't... *sigh* You're gonna jinx next week (this week is already a lost cause for any sunshine and happiness).

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
So, because I had to run errands this afternoon (picking up stuff for my mother at the nursing home, my friend Erika got Billy Sims barbecue for dinner tonight - a combo dinner with sliced brisket, chicken, pulled pork, potato sald, and baked beans with peppers and pickles on the side, 2 cans of Sir Perry pear cider, and a bottle of Sangria wine to wash it down with.

She said she loves Billy Sims BBQ and only had it for the first time a couple weeks ago.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
So, because I had to run errands this afternoon (picking up stuff for my mother at the nursing home, my friend Erika got Billy Sims barbecue for dinner tonight - a combo dinner with sliced brisket, chicken, pulled pork, potato sald, and baked beans with peppers and pickles on the side, 2 cans of Sir Perry pear cider, and a bottle of Sangria wine to wash it down with.

She said she loves Billy Sims BBQ and only had it for the first time a couple weeks ago.

That sounds like a fun dinner.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
...my friend Erika got Billy Sims barbecue for dinner tonight - a combo dinner with sliced brisket, chicken, pulled pork, potato sald, and baked beans with peppers and pickles on the side, 2 cans of Sir Perry pear cider, and a bottle of Sangria wine to wash it down with.

that sounds awesome! I want pulled pork, now... Is there any of the last newbicue left?

*ruffles Abby and BW happily* :)

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Oh, it's not my dinner, Abs. It's her dinner. Mine's out in the car staying warm. She'll grab a bite between shifts if she's able and in the mood. She was sick last week and never got to eat the swordfish dinner I prepared for her.

I'll have my dinner later, at home, alone, like always. That's okay though. At least I made her happy for a little while.

:)

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I was going to post something but I'll just wave instead.

:hi:

I have no idea what I was going to post.

:Shrug:

Oh, there's this...

Friends of my Hub's took their '69 Dodge Daytona to the Salt Flats (Bonneville, Utah) for land speed racing during Speed Week. It did 267 mph today, qualifying it for a record. They get to go for the record in the morning.

Tis coolness, that.

:e2headban

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.