Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, speaking of, if you've never understood why a grease fire should not be put out with water, the Mythbusters did a great demonstration of what can happen. (Under extreme circumstances, but that was at the end. In the beginning it was kept more reasonable.)

You would not believe the size of the fireball they created just from oil and water.

:eek:

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Wow...thread's rolling.

Bos, what kind of ice cream maker are you looking at? I have several. I've tried a wide variety and there is a lot of crap out there.

I have a ton of kitchen gadgets and specialty things. And of course I want more. My next purchase will be a commercial ice cream maker. And maybe one of those soda makers.

I only make coffee about 3 times a year. I really don't like coffee much.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I really don't like coffee much.
:e2thud: Oh...Ted. I think you should run.

If you drink a lot of soda, the Sodastream makes sense, otherwise no. And you shouldn't drink a lot of soda.

We got it mainly for cocktail mixers. And you can make club soda, tonic etc. And the kids like the novelty of it and all.

It makes a "farting" noise when it's done. :roll: That joke NEVER gets old around my boys.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
:e2thud: Oh...Ted. I think you should run.

If you drink a lot of soda, the Sodastream makes sense, otherwise no. And you shouldn't drink a lot of soda.

We got it mainly for cocktail mixers. And you can make club soda, tonic etc. And the kids like the novelty of it and all.

It makes a "farting" noise when it's done. :roll: That joke NEVER gets old around my boys.

I *love* making fart noises! OMG! I'm getting one just for that reason alone!

Seriously, I love sparkling water with a hint of lime flavor. I can't believe how expensive it is at the store.

And yeah, I drink too much soda. Diet, kinda diet, not diet at all. I'm a soda drinker.

Coffee tears up my stomach.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I *love* making fart noises! OMG! I'm getting one just for that reason alone!

Another reason to invest in one... :D
:ROFL: Right. I should've remembered that you guys are basically just big "little boys".

But it'd be an expensive fart machine.

I bet you could find one used somewhere. People buy them and then get tired of them going unused, I think. Though they are extremely light and slender, taking up very minimal counter space compared to other similar kitchen purchases.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I found out a bit about my benefits package with the new company today. I'm going to get 96 hours of vacation, and can accumulate up to 120 hours next year. My medical insurance kicks in on August 1st and I have the choice of fully-company paid, a $7/month PPO/HMO package or a $400 package. No matter what there's a $1000 deductible plus prescription drug coverage. Sick leave kicks in as of the first of next year and, if not used, will be paid out each year. I'll be able to accumulate up to about 120 hours maximum there too.

That's an enormous benefits package. I've talked to a couple people in the shop and they only get 80 hours of vacation a year.

There's no pay bump for going on their payroll, but with those benefits there really doesn't need to be.

Woot!

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, BW. Speaking of TV series I heard that they made a Perry Rhodan series in Germany. Did it ever air? Are they still publishing Perry Rhodan books over there?

Haven't seen a television series. There was a really cheap - and quite possibly unauthorized - "feature" film ages ago, but you really don't need to waste your time with that... *sigh* I should have know the moment the opening credits flashed against a black background.

And the books are, AFAIK, still being churned out at a ridiculous rate. There was an abortive attempt at translating some of them, but I'm not entirely sure what happened to that idea.

The only thing I can say right now is "Da-amn!" and try to keep the shit-eating grin off my face.

The way I figure it, you're allowed the maniacal grin until five minutes before you walk through the door for your first shift. Grin away, sir. :D

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
*stumbles into thread*

*dies*

I just got done cleaning and handing over the keys for my old apartment. I am so dead exhausted now all I want to do is shower and curl up in bed in my jammies for the rest of the night.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just thought of something. A prune is a dried plum. Therefore, there really shouldn't be any juice in a prune, right? I mean, shouldn't it be called plum juice? I'd drink plum juice. Plums rock!

You know, I never considered this. But you are absolutely right.

I did have a very tasty plum tea once upon a time.

:Coffee:

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I love plums. We have a number of plum trees in the area and so the farmer's markets usually have some great ones. When I was a kid, my mom made plum jam and it rocked. But the best part was a few jars didn't set so we poured some over ice cream. Doesn't get much better than that.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I was late to work today.

Manager: You're late.

me: Yeah, sorry, it was a harder struggle than usual to get the noose from around my neck.

Manager: What do you mean?

Me: nevermind, a perfectly good stab at how much I hate this place just went completely over your head.

Manager: Oh, wait! I get it! *he laughs* and then he's like, oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.