Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if we can manage to find them homes on forums that will properly care for them?

Be tragic if the poor things had to be put down.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Greg, I had a car like that. It was an old Festiva and if I forgot the cable, the battery would die and I'd have to shove the thing up a hill, jump in and ride it down to get enough speed to pop the clutch. yeah...good times.

Ok, so I'm working up the courage to tell my landlord I ain't gonna have rent when it is due and I'll have to pay half up front and half a week later. I really, really don't want to have this conversation.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Greg, I had a car like that. It was an old Festiva and if I forgot the cable, the battery would die and I'd have to shove the thing up a hill, jump in and ride it down to get enough speed to pop the clutch. yeah...good times.

Ok, so I'm working up the courage to tell my landlord I ain't gonna have rent when it is due and I'll have to pay half up front and half a week later. I really, really don't want to have this conversation.

Want me to come rough him up a bit? Maybe some time with *kisses fists* Lucy and Ethel will help him be more understanding.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if his landlord had a heart attack from the shock of having a nearly naked man suddenly dancing for him, I suppose that would buy Ted some time.

:D

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
He's a grumpy 80 year-old, it's hot and his health isn't the best. His insane, bi-polar wife has her methadone-maintenance daughter living with them. Her son is the one who fired a shotgun into the air and caused a huge ruckus with the SWAT Team a few months back. He's pretty much in need of being institutionalized because of years of crack addiction. So, yeah, he might give me a hard time just because of all the crap he has to deal with already.

Every time I talk to him, he tells me all the drama going on in his life and it is very clear he can't take much more. I can only hope remembers that I've told him how bad things are and how they are supposed to improve next month.

We had the meeting at work today. They made the promise. They put it on paper. I'm supposed to get a big pay-raise starting July 1st, which means 1 more crappy paycheck and the rest should be good.

We'll see.

You know, kissing him might not be a bad idea. Lemme think about this one...

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I've endured a great deal because there is no place else for me to go. There are no jobs around here.

But, according to the numbers they are giving us, this change will increase my pay by 40-75% depending on how well sales go. This is a huge increase. I'll be able to afford rent AND food.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Every time I talk to him, he tells me all the drama going on in his life and it is very clear he can't take much more. I can only hope remembers that I've told him how bad things are and how they are supposed to improve next month.
See, he's on the same page. It'll be fine. :Hug2: He'll understand, he knows hard times.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I've endured a great deal because there is no place else for me to go. There are no jobs around here.

But, according to the numbers they are giving us, this change will increase my pay by 40-75% depending on how well sales go. This is a huge increase. I'll be able to afford rent AND food.

Are you tied to the cheese state by family or obligation? Out this way we have lots of job opportunities, especially in Fargo and Sioux Falls. Have you ever thought about looking elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.