Status
Not open for further replies.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
And an ass-kicking for you-know-who is waiting as soon as you say the word.

There's a ass-kicking in the works? Can I help? I happen to be certified as a Baseball Bat Therapist.

I don't look at my services as blah-blah-blah-for-hire or whatever. I consider myself to be a motivational speaker. I can motivate somebody to stop certain activities at once.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
:D If I get my way, yes.

Major ass-kicking in the works...

It seems America has weird people leasing apartments. I guarantee that I would not be getting my deposit back if I was treated the same way Abby has been.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Oh, I could tell you stories about various landlords I've dealt with.

There was this one who had a pregnant girlfriend. Well, once she got knocked up, he wouldn't touch her and she was really feeling the urge. So, she was hitting on me whenever she got a chance. It made for a crazy situation.

It just goes on and on. We have some real weirdos owning apartments and doing crazy things.

But you know, sometimes they can be motivated to give the deposit back when the alternative is simply not acceptable. I mean, pay up or have a speech impediment? That's a simple choice, right?

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
So, Colorado is on fire, and Florida is flooding. Is the world really ending this year? I asked Mom that out loud at dinner today.

Her response: Get your towel and don't panic.

My mom's awesome.

Whaddup, Hounds?

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Bulldozers and dolphins? Can't say.

But the snake that wriggled its 3 1/2 - 4 foot ugly a$$ self into my garage this weekend is dead and the 6 hours spent weedeating and mowing with the deck dropped as low as possible have hopefully made my yard as unpleasant for the ugly little nasties as possible.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Bulldozers and dolphins? Can't say.

But the snake that wriggled its 3 1/2 - 4 foot ugly a$$ self into my garage this weekend is dead and the 6 hours spent weedeating and mowing with the deck dropped as low as possible have hopefully made my yard as unpleasant for the ugly little nasties as possible.

Ewww.... sounds like you need to get a honey badger.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Hounds

The Great Second Summer Session Attrition has begun. Class went from 6 yesterday to 4 today.

Ah well, they pay me regardless.

:D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Incidentally, for all of you having creepy crawly issues, the Question of the Week in the Newbie section is on that. And you don't have to be a newbie to answer it.

:D

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Our garage is several feet/yard away from the house.

I have no basement, only a crawl space and I try not to think about what might be only 18 inches beneath the layers of floor/subfloor/etc under my feet.

This was a black nasty with a white chin, blunt nose, and was about an inch and a half in diameter - a skinnier, shorter version of the nasty that crawled onto my across-the-street neighbor's porch swing the summer before last. S (hubs) shot it for her, but hubs wasn't home this weekend - he was in Sacramento. White inside its mouth, it continued to open its jaws many several minutes after my friends decapitated it.

Keeping the grass scalped usually deters them from exploring where we usually tread. But this is also why it's been five years since the major ice storm that wrecked most of my trees and I'm still not done cleaning up the deadfall - once the wolf spiders start showing up, the snakes aren't usually far behind. Which leaves only a few weeks of weather tolerable enough and the ground is dry enough to actually make any progress.

:Gaah

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
White inside its mouth, it continued to open its jaws many several minutes after my friends decapitated it.

They will do this. All snakes. Which is why even a dead snake can bite you.

And the rest of your story is why I will never, ever live where you do. EVER.

:scared:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
There's a photograph online (and being a Hound, you should know the site it is on - filled with EXTREMELY NSFW images) of a man whose leg was largely destroyed by the venom of a snake bite. The "humorous" captions I can live without, but as a wealth of knowledge about what the human body can survive...

Status
Not open for further replies.