Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
You don't want to know what this place smells like.

And she looks so sweet as well... *sigh*

*sprays an entire tin of air freshener into the room*

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Small children smell worse.

And they keep making more smells to replace the ones which have been removed...

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
She's been dead 11 years so, probably yes.

:( *hugs* 'Your mom' jokes kinda suck when the recipient's mom has passed away.

I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow. I have a 10 hour day (possibly 10 1/2 hour day if I can hack it) ahead of me. Send coffee, plz!

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Thanks, but I think tomorrow I've got to work my ass off. Its time to push as hard as I can and show my bosses I'm not just another employee. Bonus time is in Feb so I've only got half the time my other co-workers have had to try and get noticed. Last year my boss gave someone a $2000.00 bonus.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:( *hugs* 'Your mom' jokes kinda suck when the recipient's mom has passed away.

I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow. I have a 10 hour day (possibly 10 1/2 hour day if I can hack it) ahead of me. Send coffee, plz!

Mom's probably laughing at that joke right now...don't sweat it.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Bonuses must be nice. Though the company I work for rakes in millions a day and is everywhere, they say they can't afford to give out bonuses. Not even for Christmas and we have to work that day. :mad:

I'm rooting for you, Abby. I know you'll do a great job. :)

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I worked for a Baptist company - mandatory prayer before the if-you-want-your-paycheck-you'd-better-be-there meeting and lots of people saying "will, bliss yor harr!", etc. I worked weekends, which meant I was there for Easter - the major platform for all Christ-based religions, right? No holiday pay. Not even an option provided to rotate to have the day off. It was just another day - though extra effort was expected to make sure the Easter celebration for those living there was done just so.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Never mix religion and business.

Of course, this is why I always believe my employers to be Satan worshipers. In fact, today is idea of a payday. I know this check will be bad, but I don't care much. Things are supposed to be fixed on July 1st and we're all just holding our breaths until that day.

Time to go have some fun...

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
FRIDAY! :snoopy:

I'm going hot tubbing in the rain later. Should be fun. Hopefully not too cold. :Shrug:

We had our nice day yesterday. Which didn't turn out to be as nice as I thought it'd be. Not so much sun as...bright haze.

But the kids did not disappoint at running amok. They made volcanoes. :rolleyes: :D

There was at least one restful moment, though. When I got everyone to sit down while I read Harold and Purple Crayon. So...yeah, anyway...

*walks off singing Jimi Hendrix tune*

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mrs. Bluntforcetrauma read Walter The Farting Dog to me to put me sleep on my nights when i couldnt find rest... i miss her we are trying work things out

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Friday afternoon, payday (!), and only one bill to pay (about $60). Didn't drink very much the last 3 days (and nothing yesterday), so I drink my fill tonight (likely in 2 different sessions).

I was told again today by the Machine Shop Supervisor that I had a job with this company for a long, long time. My immediate superior (VP of Manufacturing) seems to be happy with me. The folks in the Assembly area respect me (or seem to - and I'm old enough to know when someone's being false in that regard - at least at work), and I'm getting sh$t done (the Shop Super brought back a stack of about 50-60 time studies and setup forms to me that had been languishing on his desk for a month or so).

Thus far, with 72 days down on my 90-day probationary period everything's going well.

Nobody's even managed to piss me off yet. Heck, nobody's even tried so far.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I worked machine shops, factories, construction and deconstruction. Muscle tearing but satisfying work. When I was a teacher and worked retail, I came home at night wanting to rip someone's face off. It was pure aggravation.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I'm the company's tech writer, bft. I have my own (pseudo) office and I've often heard my name being dropped in the conference room right across the hall during meetings.

Usually, it sounds like a critique of other people rather than me (ex, "He's been here for a couple months. I know he's produced because I have the stack of paper on my desk. But when I go out to the shops, I don't see any of his work instructions hanging up anywhere...").

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
FRIDAY! :snoopy:

I'm going hot tubbing in the rain later. Should be fun. Hopefully not too cold. :Shrug:

*walks off singing Jimi Hendrix tune*

I've been thinking about a hot tub all day long. More to the point, the public pool at Steamboat Springs, CO, where it's fed by a hot geyser.

I don't care if I smell like sulfur, it was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.