Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mostly what I'm hearing - and what has me nervous - concerns plot holes and character motivation type stuff. Doing stupid things, glaringly stupid things.

I am reserving the right to make my own judgement, but.... it has me worried.

Everyone makes one bad movie, after all. Scott is due. Long past due.

:Shrug:

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. There are a few Idiot Plot moments, yes. They had me laughing. Didn't stop me from enjoying it one bit though.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bladerunner is unique and cannot be copied, even though I've heard it's going to be re-made.

I've been hearing sequel, myself. Remake concerns me somewhat.

I recently re-watched Apocalypse Now (because of no internet) and I found myself really loving the pace because it reflected Heart of Darkness so well. I mean, the pace of both was very deliberate.

One of absolute favorite films. EVER.

.... Although I have mixed feelings about parts of the extended version, even if it makes for a more complete film.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
.... Although I have mixed feelings about parts of the extended version, even if it makes for a more complete film.

I love that scene with the French at the plantation. And yeah, there is some stuff that maybe should have stayed out, but I keep asking myself about the Sheen's character. I mean, I would love to know more about what he does after the war, etc. It was a very compelling character with great depth.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Hm. Can I assume you've already seen Event Horizon? I reckon that's required viewing for sci-fi/horror fans such as us.

One movie I loved that I hear very little about is a Korean film called Hansel and Gretel. Not exactly based on the fairy tale, but there are clear similarities, and the atmosphere and setting are dazzling.

One more: Moon with Sam Rockwell, if you're one for slower-paced sci-fi movies with excellent acting and an ethical twist. I loved that movie.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I could come up with a very long list, Ted, but I definitely second Event Horizon and Moon.

:D

And I need to retire for the evening. Good to have you back Ted.

:e2yawn:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Hm. Can I assume you've already seen Event Horizon? I reckon that's required viewing for sci-fi/horror fans such as us.

I love, love, love Event Horizon. It's cheesy, stupid, and at times utterly frustrating, but those moments when it decides to kick into high gear? AWESOME.

One more: Moon with Sam Rockwell, if you're one for slower-paced sci-fi movies with excellent acting and an ethical twist. I loved that movie.

This. The ending has me all tingly for a sequel, but at the same time I want it left alone - the eternal quandary for genre fans...

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Hounds. :Coffee:

I am going to attempt to write "THE END" on this draft of the novel today.

*thumbs through index cards*

ETA: I missed Ted again? :e2bummed:

Good to see ya back, man.

And hello to Blunt!

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Time to shuffle my behind to work. Or at least begin to get ready for going to the hole. I will say this, however, because it's pretty funny--a big boss from Florida came to town and was dismayed by the mess he found. And he jumped on our managers for the low morale, citing their lying to us as a major problem.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
big boss from Florida came to town and was dismayed by the mess he found. And he jumped on our managers for the low morale, citing their lying to us as a major problem.
Oh, see, if someone doesn't hang them, looks like they will hang themselves. Hopefully you'll be out of there soon. :Hug2:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I .... uh... wait, what now?

You drag??

:Jaw:
I KNOW! That was my reaction.

Laurie, that's so cool! What an interesting hobby (er, or business(?) from the looks of your husband's website)

I love it when you learn something entirely new about someone. :D

*sigh*

I dated a guy once who used to drag race. He had this Camaro and was so cute. A little younger than me, which was part of the problem. I stayed with him for a few weeks longer than I should have, purely for his car. :tongue It was just so fun to go out in.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Chicks dig the car. This is why men build them fast in the first place. Sure, it's fun to go fast, but it's even better when there is company when you do it.

I had a chance to pick up a drag van a few months ago. It ran low 9's. Loudest thing on the road, I promise you.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I haven't been on the track yet - I don't like the feel of my hubs mustang (he used to take it to the track a lot, put lower gears in it, which motivates the speed restrictor to kick in at 86 mph - he's built a computer to replace the factory one, just has to finish the wiring harness, then he can take it back to the track and see how it really does with the lower gears :D)

When I was single and living in FL (where the roads are/were remarkably smoother than here) I used to "race" between stoplights on Friday and Saturday nights down by the beach - lots of fun. :) I've missed that. Can't do that kind of thing here - the potholes and miserable patch jobs would kill you. Or at least misalign your front end.

The green Firebird on my hub's website (yeah, Soap, it's a business in the make) is my baby - have had her since she was brand new in '95. Before the headgasket blew, hubs asked if I wanted to take it out to the track - only a 6 cylinder, it wasn't *that* fast but it might've been fun if I hadn't been worried about cracking her up. But then it became rather pointless when the headgasket blew.

But, since we had to take the engine out anyway, we decided to part it and the transmission out and to put in an 8 cylinder. Muwhahaha!

I still don't want to take it to the track though - 17 years old and the only cosmetic flaws are a few chips out of the paint on the passenger side headlight cover and the sagging headliner.

But the red car -- now that I'll take to the track.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.