LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I have poison ivy.

:gaah:

My allergies are making breathing through my nose a questionable venture at best and the only stuff that will fix this and won't make my heart pitterpat will likely knock me out for several hours.

My walk with the puppy was amputated this morning. In one direction, my newest neighbor had a pair of terrirorial Dobermans contained by one of those "invisible" fences. Apparently they believe that end of the road is theirs too. In the other direction, the people living in the camper in my neighbor's front yard had their toothsome snapping, snarling fuzzball outside. He/she/it is not contained by any means. I know this by prior experience. In the third and last direction, we took no more than a dozen steps when this great cacophony of barking started from one of the backyards in that direction. I didn't bother to try to figure out which one.

Friday. Yes. Make it so.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, PD.

I'm gonna rework the ending eventually and sub it elsewhere. Blarg. Or maybe rework the whole thing. I dunno.

*cough* ANYWAY.

Is it Friday yet? :D

Is it Horror, or fantasy, or... ???

Just curious.

If it has any undertones of romance you could submit to http://entrancedpublishing.com/ - they even have a submissions contest going on, where you can get an upfront advance of $200...

Just a thought. ;)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Friday. Yes. Make it so.

:gone: Dude. Laurie wins worst Thursday. For sure. :( I REALLY hope your day gets better. :Hug2:

Is it Horror, or fantasy, or... ???

Just curious.

If it has any undertones of romance you could submit to http://entrancedpublishing.com/ - they even have a submissions contest going on, where you can get an upfront advance of $200...

Just a thought. ;)
It's horror.

It's *always* horror.

Perhaps it's even horrible. :tongue

Hmm. :idea: But it *could* have a romantic undertone. In fact, it does start off on Valentine's Day and it does have a happy-ish ending. But...I think that's its problem. The ending needs to be more :evil

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
:gone: Dude. Laurie wins worst Thursday. For sure. :( I REALLY hope your day gets better. :Hug2:

*pockets hope for later use*

Thanks. I'm going to need that. Kids have dentists appointments right after school.

I hate the dentist. (ours is great, don't get me wrong. I don't like any dentist. :e2scared:

It's horror.
yes. Yes it is.
Oh right, your story... :smack: have you tried Musa? They have several imprints and from the looking into them I did, they seem rather together and well run.

Perhaps it's even horrible
I've yet to see anything of yours that you deem ready to be seen by other eyes as horrible. But I'd be happy to give it a read of you're questioning it.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Oh right, your story... :smack: have you tried Musa? They have several imprints and from the looking into them I did, they seem rather together and well run.

I've yet to see anything of yours that you deem ready to be seen by other eyes as horrible. But I'd be happy to give it a read of you're questioning it.
Eh, Musa is probably not the best fit.

Once I'm over my frustration with it, I'll probably need betas (again). I'll let you know, Laurie, thanks!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
It's horror.

It's *always* horror.

Perhaps it's even horrible. :tongue

Hmm. :idea: But it *could* have a romantic undertone. In fact, it does start off on Valentine's Day and it does have a happy-ish ending. But...I think that's its problem. The ending needs to be more :evil

Welp Entranced is taking any genre in subs, as long as it has a hint of romance or a romantic theme/undertone. They like "Happy For Now" endings and "Happy" endings. It never hurts to try right?

I was going to shelve my MS. Subbing one more place is always better, and this time it worked out ;)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
There should be reputable ones listed in the 'phone book.

And I'm going to stop posting before anyone notices the mayhem I'm leaving in my wake. :D

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Just so we're clear, I'm not down.

I'm just eager for today to be done and over with.

Completely different states of being altogether.

:wag:

Status
Not open for further replies.