Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
It's entirely possible we are teasing, and actually have extensive knowledge of zombie films. Being young and female, we can and therefore often do.

Abby - love the zombie look. I think it's exactly what I need for this weekend.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Uh... Ask Bos what prompted that linky.

And no, I'm not writing at the moment, because someone put ideas in my head which have been distracting me all bloody night. I'll be amazed if I get anything done at all on Tuesday now.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I read yesterday (but I think I've heard it somewhere before, too) that if you watch horror before looking at art (fine art, abstract art, modern art) you have much more appreciation for it. :Shrug:

I figure this demands an experiment. Maybe I can set up a slide show of the finest artists on my Netbook. Then fire up The Exorcist or something on TV. I haven't quite figured out the details yet. :D

Maybe you guys can do it with a zombie movie.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
We should actually watch a film together via Skype or something.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
It's entirely possible we are teasing, and actually have extensive knowledge of zombie films. Being young and female, we can and therefore often do.

Young and female - a terrifying combination.

And it starts very young these days. Even Zoe manages to get her own way a startling amount of the time through whatever magiks womenfolk work.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know that I'd call being right magic, so much as a natural state for Hounds.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Tinychat, synchtube, so many different ways to go about it.

I mean, technology will glitch, but in a general sense, it sounds fun.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We should actually watch a film together via Skype or something.
Debbie was trying to get that going. And we kept trying to figure out how to make it work, but it just wasn't coming together. If we give it a go again, we need to let her know.

Or she'll murder me.

Seriously. :eek:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Oh like you're writing horror right now.

*goes back to smutty WIP*

So that's how you keep yourself busy...:D

How was your first day on the new job?

Uh... Ask Bos what prompted that linky.

And no, I'm not writing at the moment, because someone put ideas in my head which have been distracting me all bloody night. I'll be amazed if I get anything done at all on Tuesday now.

Good to see you back in the Horror thread, BW. :Hug2:

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Ahh, we'd have to watch without the dragon? That might be a deal breaker. Synchtube might be a better method, for a general everyone movie thing. People on Tumblr do it a lot, and it seems to work fairly regularly.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I get on Skype, I'll never get off Skype. :rolleyes: Seriously. I spend enough time here as it is. :tongue

But I do have a question about proposed movie night...

If we don't all have the same, um, system or platform, or whateveritisimtryingtosay, how do we find one movie we can all watch at the same time? Like, if one of us has Netflix, one of us has Hulu, one of us the actual DVD, how do we make sure that that one movie is somehow available to all of us? Or would one person point their camera at the screen and we'd Skype the movie, too?

ETA: Oh, maybe Bri just answered this.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
With synchtube, I think it is, it does that for us - we can all interact and watch at the same time. With tinychat I think you can do it that way, too, pretty sure. Skype, though, it becomes more complicated. You can do it either way, I suppose, or create a skype account/set-up just for the camera on the TV, or all hit "play" at the same time, or some such silliness.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
With synchtube, I think it is, it does that for us - we can all interact and watch at the same time. With tinychat I think you can do it that way, too, pretty sure. Skype, though, it becomes more complicated. You can do it either way, I suppose, or create a skype account/set-up just for the camera on the TV, or all hit "play" at the same time, or some such silliness.

I knows nothing about such things, but when you guys pick a day, a movie, and the way to watch it, let me know how to get on. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.