Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You need better versed priests then, clearly.

I think the church lost a step in the evil-fighting business when they veered away from the Latin mass.

:D

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Holy crap! Forty thousand sets of remains five years ago that can't be identified through conventional means?

Now, I can only assume they can identify the cause of death in most of those remains, but... Da-AMN!

Last statistics I saw said that something on the order if 50 thousand people disappear within the continental United States alone. The majority are never found.

Now, think about other societies and areas that do not live in our or Great Brutain's surveillance society. Think Africa, much if the Middle East, India, China, etc. Vampires could thrive in those places - or could they? Just last year China had to put down a "revolt" in one if it's western provinces. Could that have been a zombie outbreak? A cleverly- disguised vampire contagion? China is very, very good at covering up things in general. Just think what they'd do in the case if a real vampire or werewolf attack.

What about India? Are all those attacks by man-eating tigers really tigers at all?

And what about the famous lions in the 1800s in Africa? Surely two maneless male lions could not have killed nearly a hundred and fifty people. Was that a werewolf? Maybe those lions were scapegoated to cover up the real cause?

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now, think about other societies and areas that do not live in our or Great Brutain's surveillance society. Think Africa, much if the Middle East, India, China, etc. Vampires could thrive in those places - or could they?
I know, right!? Do they?

And if not, why not?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Because if you were immortal, where would you rather be? Jo-berg, or Paris? Or London?

Not that I wouldn't travel a lot, if it were me, but if I'm going to settle someplace, it would be in a rich developed nation. And a city with an active night life.

Plenty of overseas cities also have an active night life, but having been an expat it's the other little things that you would notice.

That's just me, though.

I fully expect the Chinese vampires wouldn't mind Shanghai.

:D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Notes are bad, just wing it Soapy. It makes life more interesting that way. ;)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Right...that's the ticket.

*goes to find Margaritaville* Hey, it's five o'clock somewhere. Or not, I really don't care.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
*grabs a spoon and checks the bottom of coffee for spikes*

If you loved me, you would've made sure that they were rusty ones, too.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*takes copious notes*

Incidentally, if you want to set vampires in Shanghai, let me know. I can tell you where they'd be most likely to hang out - depending on whether they were native vampires or ex-pat vampires.

vampire.gif

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Leave it to you to know exactly how I like my spikes. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Later, hounds.

I'm taking my spiked coffee back to bed with me. Hopefully I'll find comaland. I know it's there somewhere waiting for me.

Wishing you all a great weekend. :Hug2:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Incidentally, if you want to set vampires in Shanghai, let me know. I can tell you where they'd be most likely to hang out - depending on whether they were native vampires or ex-pat vampires.

vampire.gif
Oh, I will. For now, though, I just need to get mine out of Mexico City and up to Washington. Or maybe Oregon. :D

Wishing you all a great weekend. :Hug2:
Get some sleep!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I swear there is some sort of weirdly specific economic entropy in my life that constantly endeavors to make sure I can never, ever manage to quite get financially ahead.

Last year it was lawyer fees. This year it's taxes.

Sisyphus.gif

Last edited:

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I swear there is some sort of weirdly specific economic entropy in my life that constantly endeavors to make sure I can never, ever manage to quite get financially ahead.

Last year it was lawyer fees. This year it's taxes.

Sisyphus.gif

Makes you anxious to see what robs you in 2013, doesn't it?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Makes you anxious to see what robs you in 2013, doesn't it?

No, not really.

Besides, I already know it'll be taxes next year. Couple of windfalls this year that I have yet to cash in (settlements and some unexpected bonds) that will, of course, be taxed out the wazoo.

*sigh*

My lawyer suggested I start setting up an IRA and such but frankly, as much as I want to, it's not going to happen. Too many immediate financial needs.

Besides, not like my generation is ever going to able to retire anyway. Baby Boomers sort of screwed us out of that one. You know, for a generation that was going to fix things, you lot made as mess of things.

Not that my generation is doing much better as we come to power, either.

*contemplates moving somewhere remote and isolated*

*like Tahiti*

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Drat! I'm a rat's whisker away from being 86ed from the Bent Nail Saloon down in the Western forum.

Try to introduce a little religion into a nice little western town and whattaya' get? So what if it ain't exactly Christian? So what if it hails from a sleepy little coastal town called Innsmouth? Nobody'd say anything if it was a place like Collinsport, right?

Lord knows they could use a little churchin' up in them there parts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.