Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greg, keep in mind there are tens of thousands of women in Broken Arrow. If you allow yourself to worry over losing her, subconsciously, you'll make boo-boos. Just relax, don't overdo it and have fun. If you can make a girl laugh by telling her a cute joke, that'll score extra points. Girls don't want to be followed around like you're a puppy. Have confidence in yourself. That goes way far. Getting women is easy--keeping them takes playing it cool but not frigid and giving her a real fun time.

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
*humming*

I really need to wash my hands. Where's some soap? :D

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
I never knew a bar of soap to sprout legs and walk away.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So...what do you suppose the ratio of humans to vampires is?

:idea:

Depends.

But to really give you something to ponder, do you know the number of people who just go missing every year? The ones who just disappear, poof, never to be heard or seen from again?

Where do you suppose they go, hmmm?

Supernatural things need to eat, too.

:evil

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I am, unfortunately, much more likely to underdo things most of the time. Blunt, there may be tens of thousands here, but none I've ever met comes close to this one (besides, if they're over the age of 21, hell, make that 18, they're married or have a boyfriend already - it appears women stay single here about as long as it takes for someone to look at them with interest).

Don't worry. I'm not despairing. Something tells me she'll come around. I just can't keep playing things as cooly as I have been and that's really difficult for me. I can write about powerful emotions and scenes between characters, but when it comes to real life I sometimes feel distanced from from emotions.

I am reminded of the Romulan Admiral who, after asking Capt. Picard why Picard did not have a wife and family was told that Picard had been too busy with his career remarked something to the effect "You have been too busy with the things that do not matter".

I've spent decades behind these walls I built to keep from getting hurt, and every time I got hurt again I strengthened those walls again. The wife of a friend of mine once remarked I was one of the emotionally coldest man she'd ever met.

It's just going to take me a little time to tear down a section of those walls.

Which brings us around to the April prompt for Soapie's Elements thread. Thus far, we've had one response put up in SYW. Moral ambiguity and moral distance and emotional coldness are all parts of the same coin - a character who can distance or even completely separate themselves from the emotional effects of what they're doing. There's a certain amount of sociopathy in that kind of distancing. That could be an interesting tack at moral ambiguity - a character who is, essentially, schizophrenic, one person on the outside who appears to be warm and friendly and another psychologically who is incapable of feeling or expressing himself or herself (a female Dexter?) the way other humans do.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Soapie, about 1 in 100 thousand, maybe a but less. If vampires were more prevalent, or werewolves for that matter, we'd hear a lot more about bloodless, or bloody corpses being found in certain areas.

Of course, crime scenes being what they are, and police being who they are, certain details of certain crime scenes might never be revealed at all even if they're not, necessarily, covered up or swept under the evidentiary carpet by the police or the forensic investigators.

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
That better not be sarcasm behind that wink, Cowboy. :tongue

Or you and I are going to have words.

And by words, I mean: :box:

I have a bucket of water and ain't afraid to use it

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
do you know the number of people who just go missing every year? The ones who just disappear, poof, never to be heard or seen from again?
No. How many? :D

Which brings us around to the April prompt for Soapie's Elements thread. Thus far, we've had one response put up in SYW.
Oh, I haven't seen it. I'll go look this weekend.

Moral ambiguity and moral distance and emotional coldness are all parts of the same coin - a character who can distance or even completely separate themselves from the emotional effects of what they're doing. There's a certain amount of sociopathy in that kind of distancing. That could be an interesting tack at moral ambiguity - a character who is, essentially, schizophrenic, one person on the outside who appears to be warm and friendly and another psychologically who is incapable of feeling or expressing himself or herself (a female Dexter?) the way other humans do.
I've been thinking on this a lot. I am really hoping to have something pulled together. I keep discovering other problems with the scenes that might fit the prompt. :tongue

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No. How many? :D

On average, a couple thousand people per day go missing.

Seriously.

ETA: Of those, many later turn up, so if you're after how many just vanish, current government estimates are tens of thousands under "suspicious circumstances." And then there are those that just vanish, period.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Two questions:

What happened to the two hours from 1 AM - 3 AM?

And slightly more worryingly, what about the half an hour between 4 and 4:30 AM???

:Wha:
And I'd like to add that the "witching hour" is different when you have little ones. It's usually 6pm to around 8pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.