Not open for further replies.

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com
So, who's hungover this morning?
I'm not. Do to meds, I'm not allowed to have anything to drink. Well alcohol anyways ;)

Went for a drive by the bars last night just to see how drunk people were. Some girl was topless with flashing shamrocks over her nipples. Not what I was hoping to see.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Some girl was topless with flashing shamrocks over her nipples. Not what I was hoping to see.

Why do I always miss the cool stuff?

I'm a bit wonky today because I think I had too much caffeine yesterday and didn't fall asleep until 5. Which meant I got to watch the whole F1 race live and that made me happy.

But seriously, somebody put too much cabbage with my corned beef because this is gonna take some time to work through. Asprin is good

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. It took me a second to realize you were talking about watching a movie here. I thought you had skipped to after movie activities or something. :roll:

I wish. I did skip the movies, though, but not for anything fun like that.

Ooh, what did you think of Friends with Benefits? :D

:Shrug:

I got three hrs of sleep the night before, then worked eleven and a half hours yesterday. After I got off here and put on Supernatural. I passed out before it even came on. :( I didn't watch anything but the inside of my eyelids after that. :e2bummed:

good day hounds.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Hmmm...

I've been watching this series Star Trek Phase II this afternoon and I'm, um, of divided opinion.

Supposedly, it's based on Season 3 (never filmed) scripts and some of it's quite good. A 2-part episode was even written and directed by David Gerrold of The Trouble With Tribbles fame.

Unfortunately, and I do not mean to be offensive when I say this, but I can't possibly say it any other way - the "gayness" is extraordinarily heavy-handed. The writers have great action scenes, pretty decent scripting overall, interpersonal relationships which are fairly good, but damn, they trowel on the acceptance of homosexuality and the plurality of homosexual relationships with a freaking wheelbarrow. I mean, in the Blood & Fire episode, almost 1-3/4 hours in length, there's over 15 minutes depicting the gay characters and at least one that's over 8 minutes in length showing them, essentially, making love.

Yes, homosexuality is something that should, and is, being more and more accepted by mainstream society if people have any brains, but I watch Star Trek for the action, the adventure, the thrill of exploring strange new worlds and new civilizations". I don't watch it to see gay version of The Days Of Our Lives.

Oh, and Tasha Yar? C'mon, David, get a grip already. She is not, was not, and never has been that cute (or interesting) nor should that character be a legend running through 2 different series. She just was never that important.

My apologies to any gay individuals on this or any other thread that my rant might have inadvertently offended. It was purely unintentional and not aimed at the community in general, just these particular filmmakers.

Last edited:

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
No hangovers here. Hubs and I split a bottle of Bushmills with a nod to my hub's grandmother and father (his dad used to bring her a bottle of Bushmills whenever he visited - something his sibling's-in-law scowled and frowned about but made his mother-in-law very happy). Hubs had to work the second job yesterday afternoon and has the day job tonight, hence why the whiskey was yesterday evening and the corned beef and potatoes/carrots is presently on the stove.

No green food at my house either, though I was covered in green - spent five hours buzzing around the property with the weed eater and the mower.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I
I got three hrs of sleep the night before, then worked eleven and a half hours yesterday. After I got off here and put on Supernatural. I passed out before it even came on. :( I didn't watch anything but the inside of my eyelids after that. :e2bummed:

good day hounds.

Ouch - that had to hurt NF

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Same shift tomorrow. :/ Hopefully I get more than three hours of sleep tonight, though. maybe.

I guess cornbeef hash is a tradition on St. Patty's Day? I never knew this. Must be an Irish thing, eh?

TumbleHome

Inconsequential. Also: short.
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Sunday! I lurk this thread far more than I post in it, because it just has a general air of awesome. In fact, I'll dish with you guys if you don't mind.

I have a few friends that make a decent living writing horror (lucky SOBs), but everytime I chat with them? They constantly gossip about other writers. Seriously! I'm talking fights at parties, stolen girlfriends and publishing scams we don't really hear about because it's among "friends". I guess I'm naive but it's thrown me off and seems kinda counterproductive- although entertaining to hear about.

Clearly, we're all super mature here. Sure, a cannibal BBQ here and there... but that's charming! Unless we all switch to inspirational kitten literature we'll just have to class up da joint.

Erm, thanks for letting me ramble!

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Um.. Am i sensing newbeque???

Hello Tumble, have a seat.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
*looks at the sheep, Ted, Abby, Greg, Laurie, Haggis and Soapy*

yep, you got us pegged right. Nothing but super mature horror writers lingering in here.

:roll:

Ramble away, TumbleHome. We don't mind.

*sets more newbie traps*

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Well, I never!

That's not quite true...

I never, recently!

There, that's better.

It's been a long time since I've been called mature.

Silly, yes.

Weird, all the time.

Mature? Not so much at'all

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
*steals TumbleHome and stuffs into a jar*

*shakes jar*

*stuffs jar under pillow*

:)
What's up with the jar business in this thread lately? :tongue

Actually...
I wrote a story last year about a couple who were liquifying people and keeping them in jars. Well, it started out in jars, then later the wife in the story develops a liking for antique perfume bottles. :evil Causes lots of problems within their relationship because she develops quite the hefty addiction to the expensive antique ones.

Then they go through a nasty divorce and the bottles (containing the liquified people-perfume) are caught in the middle.

Then there is a fire...and lots of screaming.

the end.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Your story sounds interesting, Soapy! I'd like to read that. :D

Would you prefer I used apothocary bottles?

*smears nut sauce on Night's tail*

Ohhhhhhhhh Skwirllie, Skwirllie, Skwirllie! Heeeeeeere Skwirllie, Skwirllie, Skwirllie!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
What's up with the jar business in this thread lately? :tongue

Actually...
I wrote a story last year about a couple who were liquifying people and keeping them in jars. Well, it started out in jars, then later the wife in the story develops a liking for antique perfume bottles. :evil Causes lots of problems within their relationship because she develops quite the hefty addiction to the expensive antique ones.

Then they go through a nasty divorce and the bottles (containing the liquified people-perfume) are caught in the middle.

Then there is a fire...and lots of screaming.

the end.

hmm...I collect perfume bottles, have you been peeking in on my afterwork activities, Soapy?

*hides bottles and jars under the sink*

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
You have a good smeller. :D

About to go eat and get ready for the Walking Dead season finale! w00t!

*wonders what one does to prepare for such a thing*

Status
Not open for further replies.