Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
If there's snow on the ground in the morning I know who I'm going to ship it (back) to.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Do we have a new Smiley here at AW? I've never seen that "GAH!" one before.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Totally--I love it! Quite cute.

On a completely random note: I am now the proud owner of a brand-spankin'-new copy of the Anchor Bay edition of the Battle Royale movie--just came out today! And I sent my brother home with my copy of the book. Because that's what I always do when someone comes to me raving about The Hunger Games. I make them read Battle Royale.

This is the extended director's cut as well, so it should have more stuff than the crappy rip I saw originally. I have been awaiting this release for literally years. (Excite!!)

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Probably. I know The Hunger Games is easy to get. Battle Royale slightly less so. It generally gets stuck in Sci-Fi or Horror instead of YA.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I meant Battle Royale, sorry. I know I can get The Hunger Games. I already have it. But I haven't really been interested enough to read it. Mainly because of the hype, I think.

But I'd give the other one a shot based on the fact that it seems to have escaped the hype (or at least I'm reading what you are saying to mean that).

Oh--and because it takes place in Japan. :D I just looked it up.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I meant Battle Royale, sorry. I know I can get The Hunger Games. I already have it. But I haven't really been interested enough to read it. Mainly because of the hype, I think.

I can't get past the premise. It's one thing, Lord of the Flies like, to have that play out when the kids are stranded. It's quite another for it to be systematic and sanctioned.

Just doesn't fly for me.

:Shrug:

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
It's huge in Asia Extreme circles. So as an active member of that circle, I actually heard about it before The Hunger Games. The book was published in 1998; the movie came out in 2000. So unless you're an uber-geek like me, it'd be easy to overlook.

@Boston: Yeah, I get that. It's pretty fucked up. But in a fun way. *evil grin* Honestly, the writing style reminds me of Stephen King. He's the only author I know of who can handle a huge cast of characters like that and give them all intricate, detailed backstories.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Abby.

Well, people keep begging for whining over talking about something called "dinner" around here. :rolleyes: I guess I should go pretend to know what I'm doing in the kitchen.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
It's huge in Asia Extreme circles. So as an active member of that circle, I actually heard about it before The Hunger Games. The book was published in 1998; the movie came out in 2000. So unless you're an uber-geek like me, it'd be easy to overlook.

Me and a blog friend had an online argument discussion about Hunger Games vs. Battle Royale two years ago. It still gets comments. It's here if you fancy a geek-out, Rhoda.

Beautiful day here. I was outside gardening in a T-shirt, even got a bit of sun.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Eighty plus degrees here this afternoon. We jumped from March to May in the course if less than a week. Trees are blooming, flowers are blooming, grass is greening.

It's going to be one long, hot bitch of a summer I'm afraid.

Fixing shrimp Alfredo with broccoli, roasted red bell peppers, and garlic tomorrow morning for a friend of mine. Her birthday's on Friday, but she will not be in the mood to eat that day I'm afraid (she and a friend of hers are going to a concert Thursday night and I kinda' figure Friday will be a, um, recovery day and a drinking night) so she's getting her birthday dinner, present, card, and flowers from me tomorrow (we were out last night until after 1am last night and she was feeling it today - she said she felt "comfortable" around me which is probably the kiss of death re: any possible future there).

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Grumpy-Girl-Soap-1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.