Not open for further replies.

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
TED!!!

:hi:

I chased everyone away.

At first, I thought i smelled then sniffed my arm pits and that is not the case.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, so tonight I've been coming up with the latest Branch Tedian holiday and while I can't really post it here, (maybe in the humpNgrunt) I have to say it is some great fun.

Um, white text it?

Or PM it?

Or rep it?

'Cause frankly the suspense is going to drive me nuts.

:D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You've never met a sexy wolf, have you? They'll seduce you when you least expect it! And a fox? You don't have the will-power to say "no".

Maybe if we found you a cute sheep....

You start dragging furries into this and so help me Ted I will drive up to Wisconsin to beat you.

:e2fight:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ted can pretty much work furries into anything, Boston. You should really just expect it by now. :D

I should, shouldn't I have.

You don't think the Branch Tedian holiday involves those, do you? Because if so, I may have to retract the whole "dying to know" thing.

:eek:

TumbleHome

Inconsequential. Also: short.
Registered
Reaction score
I was once hit on by a drunken bear. Well, a dude in a bear costume on The Strip on Halloween, but still. It was both charming and chilling and I won't soon forget it.

I, um...sorry. I'll let myself out.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I once hit on by a drunken bear. Well, a dude in a bear costume on The Strip on Halloween, but still. It was both charming and chilling and I won't soon forget it.

Isn't that like a rite of passage on the Strip at Halloween, though?

I mean, it seems like it should be anyway.

:e2drunk:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bos, I see... I guess my time here's nearing its end if that's how everyone feels.

I'll see y'all later, maybe.

Oh for pity's sake, man. If I'd known you were going to take it so deeply personal, I wouldn't have said anything.

:rolleyes

This is not a cause to flounce. Yes, crazy uncle, but an amusing crazy uncle, and you bring a certain something to the thread that it would otherwise lack. A certain flair, if you will.

I was simply not inclined to let the whole pot/kettle thing slide. You've known me for years, Greg. I'm blunt, I'm direct, and I say what's on my mind without much recourse to tact.

I was not trying to chase you off, by any means.

ok?

I'd offer to bury the hatchet, but I don't trust you with sharp implements.

:D

(And seriously, the sushi was tongue in cheek.)

TumbleHome

Inconsequential. Also: short.
Registered
Reaction score
Boston- There are so many rites of passages there, all disturbing on some level. My fave was the Zombie Walk last October, though. We walked the Strip all done up, and I was a slot jockey tourist zombie complete with bloody visor and fanny pack.

Soap- Not cutesy, but not really ferocious either? Kinda patchy, like it was stuffed in a fraternity closet for years and years. Ah well, I do attract the classy ones! *sobs quietly*

Not to butt in on anything, but I'm already awfully fond of the horror board here and hope everyone is planning on sticking around for the forseeable future...

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:e2smack:

Seriously, Greg?

Is this just a you can dish it out but can't take it thing? You're taking this way more personally than I did, or than I meant it to be.

I honestly thought you were made of sterner stuff.

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
I have some candy in the van, in case you need some. And I have puppies in my basement now!

Is that what it takes for you to say hello to me?
A visit to your basement?

Cause, your gonna have to do better than....ooo...candy in a van!!

Is it a windowless van??

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
but...there's gummy bears

:e2cry:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
but...there's gummy bears

:e2cry:

Oh, fine, go on, get in Ted's van.

I wash my hands of the whole thing.

(Also, with nothing more than a little saliva, we stuck a gummy bear to a poster in my freshman year homeroom class. Stayed there for three months. But by all means, eat up.)

And I should get to bed, I think. :e2yawn:

Night Hounds

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
About ready to call it a night also.

G'night Bos.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Most of my research is being done through a professor at the university that is very, very well versed in predator behaviors, and somewhat tolerant of me beside. Albeit they have a heavy focus in bear, wolf, and more "Alaskan" predators. I also have taken courses on predator behavior and am required to have an update in the subject every year in order to keep my job, which requires I work in the wilderness of Alaska, where large predators are not exactly uncommon. It is fiction, but I am doing quite a bit of proper research, not just watching Discovery Channel and Animal Planet and looking things up on Wikipedia.

A certain amount of anthropomorphizing is required in fiction - but in this case only to the extent where "for whatever reason, this animal is batshit and not behaving like others of it's species typically do" is anthropomorphizing.

I'm tired, but I think I'll stand by that in the morning. One of the perks of working closely with a very prestigious professor is, his equally notable friends are willing to fact check for you.

Moving on to more interesting topics, my mom is convinced our house is haunted, now that she's been home during the day alone (she's ill, and on bed rest).

Status
Not open for further replies.