Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I gotta admit the gypsy curse thing has kind of been done to death, sort of like the voodoo guy. It's too easy to fall into stereotype.

Though, oddly, and as much as it pains me to say this, I thought the villain in Disney's Princess and the Frog was well done...

:Shrug:

ETA: and in somewhat of a thread crossover, I also have to say that the "gypsy" in Season 2 of BTVS was well-done because they avoided most of the stereotypes. Other than the curse, she was thoroughly modern.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Though, oddly, and as much as it pains me to say this, I thought the villain in Disney's Princess and the Frog was well done...

*checks* Is giving kudos to Disney for not committing wholesale theft (Most - if not all - of The Lion King, scenes in Pocahontas, parts of Beauty And The Beast), or reusing backgrounds across various films (everything) a back-handed compliment or not? Hmm... I would be more forgiving for Disney if they cleaned house - when they finally refuse to hire pedophiles, give proper credit to the franchises they have ripped off, and don't try to game copyright extensions, I'll be nice to them.

*cough*

My views on Disney being reprehensible are my own, and do not represent the views of Absolute Write, other users, or anyone else for that matter. Hi, Disney peeps. :hi:

:popcorn:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When the HoM (House of Mouse) leg-breakers come to your house, I don't know you and had nothing to do with this.

So we're clear.

:D

(could also rant about Disney Princesses and the bad message most of them send)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I could also, of course, as a historian, rant for hours about a certain Native American themed film (speaking of stereotypes)...

But I won't.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am going to envision actual laser tag, like in this year's Castle season finale.

If it is anything other than that, I do not want to know.

Ever.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I am going to envision actual laser tag, like in this year's Castle season finale.

If it is anything other than that, I do not want to know.

Ever.

Naked laser tag? Come on!!! Its fun, Bos! :D

Naked laser tag is possibly the only game I'll play where you won't hear me say "Not the face."

:popcorn:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
What part of "DO NOT WANT TO KNOW" was I unclear about???

:tmi x elebenty

Well... "Want to know" is part of the sentence construct, so there is the outside chance that you mistyped the opening of the sentence. Are you sure you haven't joined Greg for early drinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.