Fantabulous February 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Bleh! :tongue

Speaking of jobs, got called in to wash dishes for the V-Day rush at the restaurant int he hotel. Didn't manage to get back to the WIP like I thought I might.

I probably would've just watched cartoons anyway. :Shrug:

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning!

900 words of horror WIP bashed off this morning in an early-morning Starbucks session.

I was feeling rather tired, so I don't know if they were good words. But it's draft 1, so plenty of time to fix later...

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to add my vote to the island retreat. New story is set in Okanagan in Canada and I would so love to just get a cabin or something on the lake and just hide away, writing, for a few months. But then to do that I need to publish something and have a bit of money to afford a cabin. And stop reading Stephen King because I know what happens to writers who go on retreats now...

Anyway, only a few words last night, not feeling well, cold and all. Off for three days though after tonight and intend to do more.

Logan!

Registered
Reaction score
Haven't done much actual writing, but I've gotten a lot of plotting done on my outline recently. Figuring things out relieves a lot of my anxieties and keeps bringing "The End" closer and closer.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I think I had something around 1200 today, all new, and yesterday somewhere around 600 new, and a bit of a scene that was spliced and what not around. I also cut about 800 of an old version of the scene I'm rewriting, but I came out ahead by a fair bit so I'm cool with that. :)

Started the next scene and really like the beginning of this one so far. I'm usually have a hard time with scene beginnings.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
My doggies have been running around outside and getting muddy. I'll trade you!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Did about 7 pages of a screenplay and hate it. Plotted a bit, and began again on the short story because I don't like the beginning, but don't like the new beginning either. So a fair few words but none of them of any use.

DocBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Alas, been a bit under the weather the last couple of days. No real excuse, I suppose. I still managed to go to work. :Shrug:

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
I've just been editing my Indian land title stuff, so not any words to speak of.

Kaitie, I'm sure your agent will love it.

And Ken, love your avi! Ken... with the laaaaadieees. :kiss: :D
Ken's got groupies, Ken's got groupies...:e2dance:

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
I'm in a strange state. I sat down late last night and wrote about 850 words on how I feel about Syria. Nothing to do with my books. Then I sat down this morning and wrote 1100 on EXACTLY how I feel about a family issue--that one might be later fodder for a subplot.

So almost 2000 words, but no real productivity on my current projects.

Go figure :pinata

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
I've just been editing my Indian land title stuff, so not any words to speak of.

Kaitie, I'm sure your agent will love it.

And Ken, love your avi! Ken... with the laaaaadieees. :kiss: :D
Ken's got groupies, Ken's got groupies...:e2dance:

Well, that would be nice, except for the fact that they're my cousins. (And not the kissin' kind.)

I'm with you, Doc. No words for me either over the past couple of days. Only excuse for me is that by the time I get home from the day job I'm mentally exhausted. Hoping to get some big wordage this weekend. Even though I have no words to show, I have some good plottage done. :D

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No words for me today either. My dad has had a bad few days (Alzheimers) and I've been sitting with him. Mentally drained. Brain is on go-slow and I see wine and chocolate in my future - and lots of it.:D

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about your dad, Muse.

I had 300 yesterday. I usually have time while I'm tutoring before class to get some words in, but I had four students come in yesterday and only got about twenty minutes to write.

If I can work it out today to free up my afternoon I should be able to get a fair amount done, though, so I'm going to aim high today.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Muse. Hugs.

Started typing a new draft of the sci-fi-mystery story. 802 words so far but it's working far better than before. And my MC finally seems to like his name.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
No words for me today either. My dad has had a bad few days (Alzheimers) and I've been sitting with him. Mentally drained. Brain is on go-slow and I see wine and chocolate in my future - and lots of it.:D

:Hug2: I'm sorry he's having a bad time of it.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com

Sorry to hear that about your Dad. I know it can't be easy. Take it easy on the chocolate, but go heavy on the wine. Chin up. ;)

DocBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Muse, I'm with Ken.

Wine > Chocolate

During these times.

I will add the caveat that you should share with some friends since they will cheer you up as the wine relaxes you. :)

DoctorK

I'm not a Dr., I'm a baseball fan.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
PagesOfWords.blogspot.com
900 today, making up for the 250 from yesterday and pushing me closer to the end of Act 1 (major disaster #1). Making myself an Arnold Palmer (half iced-tea, half lemonade) rather than a martini was probably responsible for a great deal of that output. Otherwise I would have been too sleepy... :D

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.:Hug2:

Sorry to hear that about your Dad. I know it can't be easy. Take it easy on the chocolate, but go heavy on the wine. Chin up.

Muse, I'm with Ken.

Wine > Chocolate

During these times.

I will add the caveat that you should share with some friends since they will cheer you up as the wine relaxes you.

Thanks Doc and Ken. So that's heavy on wine and friends, light on the chocolate? Sounds doable.:D

Woke early this morning and managed to bash out almost 700 words. Whoo-hoo!