FAWM and FebNoWriMo!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so most of you are writers and not musicians.

This is the place to tell us about all your trials and tribulations with whatever goals you have this month.

Yes, it is February! Woo!

Me? I start Uni on the 27th of this month, and am doing FAWM, a music competition. 14 + 1/2 songs in 29 days. (Generally it's 14 in 28, but this is a leap year.)

I only just found out that the 1/2 song is supposed to be a collaboration with someone else, which answers that question. :tongue

So... I need to write 14 + 1/2 songs before Uni starts, and also manage to fit in a 4-day holiday starting on the 3rd. Oh, and it'd be great if I could edit my damn short story, and maybe begin to edit a novel for submission.

What're your goals, people?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Oh, and it'd be great if I could edit my damn short story.
What're your goals, people?

Goal 1 seems to have written itself for you. :)

Me? I'm going for 200 words a day this month. Also as I am a member of w1s1, and so far I haven't done either, write one or submit one, I'm aiming to finish two short stories and submit both of them to 'share your work' for review. I shall also drink copious amounts of tea.

That's enough for me.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
*stretches* Ahh, a brand new month, brand new goals, brand new semester...

Brand new Spanish homework. *headdesk*

I want to get this done ASAP this time... I think if I finish fast enough, I can take a half-credit course (in English), which I'd really like to do.

Goals for the month:

*Finish 2 Spanish units (out of 5)
*At least three scholarship applications
*Write 15k (any combination of drafts, short stories, etc.)
*Read at least 10 books

May edit them as the month goes on, as this is quite a bit for a short month... But we'll see. I finished all of my goals for last month, so maybe I can this month too. :)

As I say every month, feel free to yell at me until I do something. :D

~Amber~

Last edited:

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Finished my Spanish through Friday. :tongue

The school's computer dude got kinda pissed at me and Brother last semester (mostly not me, but I was cutting it close) because we barely finished before the end of the semester after a lot of rushing... So far, I know that he's put Brother on a schedule and he's checking up on him on Fridays... >.< My plan is to get as much done as possible before he tries saying something to me about it so he thinks I've got it covered and he'll leave me alone. :D

Also, if I continued at this pace and did almost nothing else all month, I'd be done with the semester by March 3rd... :tongue Doubt I could do it, and I probably shouldn't because the computer dude would freak about me going too fast, but you never know... The point is learning, not learning slowly...

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
OMG. I just recorded some guitar. And kept the file! That's a total first for me.

Previously, any guitar I've recorded has been promptly deleted.

Of course, this file... Most of it is completely unusable. But there are some bits in there that actually sound alright. Woo!

Going to have to edit it into shape.

And then write lyrics and record vocals.

And then upload.

Ugh, what have I gotten myself into with FAWM? *headdesk*

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I listened to my recording a second time, and a rough idea of what needs to be edited is percolating in my mind.

Very rough idea...

Although I think I just brainfarted an idea for how to make my first move. :D

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Yay for creative progress, Cliff.

Go, Bettie, go bettie.

I can't use my desk because of my arm, so I'm either going to have to write by hand, or wait until my new desk can be put together. Which requires the menfolk to remove the Xmas tree from said room.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'd do it for you if you'd pay for me to go to California. :D:tongue

In other news, I have now separated chunks of my recording with 1 second of silence... So next time I listen to it, I should be able to hear each "section" of guitar music, which will hopefully help me decide what the song is going to sound like.

Perhaps not the best way to put a song together, considering I just played whatever for the recording... But hopefully I've got something there. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and that'll be my job for the next few days when I'm on holiday at dad's place. No recording up there, as the guitar is not going with me. But my laptop is making the journey, so I can just edit it into shape, and then write some lyrics to go with it, and record when I get home Monday or Tuesday.

Hell, I may even have time to edit my short story. :tongue

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Finished Spanish up through next Wednesday. :tongue And I've gotten 100% on the whole 1.96% of the semester I've finshed. :D Still have quite a ways to go...

ETA: And now I'm done through next Friday... I'm not going through the course THAT fast...

~Amber~

Last edited:

Misa Buckley

Extraordinary Romance
Registered
Reaction score
Website
misabuckley.com
Writing one novel and one novelette.

I want to get 10K on the novel. Little steps. LOL

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I've done virtually nothing but travel and spend time with dad and stepmum today.

I may be able to get something done tomorrow morning, before I poke my head out of this room. It's just, like, I'm in their house, and I'm here for 4 days, and I haven't seen them in 6 months. Even after I've run out of things to say, they still want to talk to me...

Nice, sure, but it makes it hard to get time to myself.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
2/3 done with the first Spanish unit. I would have more of it done, but for the second project I need the feedback from my first project, and teacher person graded all of my assignments EXCEPT that project because it's a PowerPoint and her version of PowerPoint isn't compatible with mine, so I had to resubmit it... -.-

Considering there are only five units and it's only been three days, that's not bad at all. At this pace, I'll be done by the 23rd...

And I read one book this afternoon while hoping that teacher person would check her messages and grade my assignment (which didn't happen)... One down, nine to go.

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Gah! To do the third project, I need the feedback from the second project, which I can't turn in because I need the feedback from the first project, which is still ungraded. -.- This isn't helping... Think I'm just gonna do them both now anyways and then turn them in one by one...

~Amber~