Charlie and the Nature Factory [Warning: Stunningly Beautiful Large Photo Images]

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Good photos, everyone. I've been slacking on the photo taking this year, and will most likely regret it when I have few pictures after this growing season. All of my energy and ambition is being sucked dry from being over-worked this year at work. I need a different job.

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. You guys keep coming up with more great photos. Very impressive!:)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...Here's another pic I took today. What I'm struggling with is getting a deeper focus distance. It seems like when I use macro, only a small section is in focus, and the rest of the image is blurry. Got any suggestions?
The macro option is best used to take pictures of small objects or details to make them appear much larger than in real life. The flower in your example is too big to take in all at once in that mode, so the camera focused only on the closest area it picked up while leaving the rest of the scene blurred.

If you have time with still subjects, try shooting them in different modes just for the heck of it, then compare the results afterward. You might be surprised to find how in some conditions, the option to shoot landscapes from a distance, for example, works equally well, if not better, when capturing close-ups.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That makes sense. I tried some shots by backing away and zooming in, but then it seemed to get blurry from my hand movement. I need to start using my son's tripod, I guess. :)

Thanks for the advice, Dino!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
As they say in that movie, "Here's looking at you, Kid." :)

5-29-12019-SM.jpg

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
"Wow, he's in bad shape, do you have any clue what attacked him?"

"Well, doctor, we did find this, the last picture in his camera."

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, excellent shot, SK! I do love the Osprey photos. And it looks like you got up close and personal with this one.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
The osprey was looking at a dead fish that was propped to the bill of my hat. I was hoping she'd leave her perch and come at me with wings outspread and talons extended while I shot her approach straight on. But she was too smart to fall for that ruse.

One more image of her before she took off and left me to consider other ways to shoot close encounters with ospreys:

5-29-12024-SM.jpg

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what's better, the photo or the comments that came after.:roll: