Charlie and the Nature Factory [Warning: Stunningly Beautiful Large Photo Images]

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Poor Angie should've taken her zebra float across the falls:
swimming-float-ring-baby-inflatable-zebra-940229-Gallay.jpg

Please note that Dino Direct is not affiliated with this Dino in any way!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Angie? I thought for sure she'd come back to this thread by now and show her appreciation for our undying love and concern for her well-being. :)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I crossed paths with another ferocious beast today, this one as it tore its food to shreds and growled at me as I approached:

5-14-12026-SM.jpg

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I see one of those a lot of nights in my headlights when I drive home. I'm surprised the dogs don't chase after them. Maybe the meat tastes "too gamey" for them.

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
I thought I recognized you bobbing around in that picture:

AngieFalls.jpg

What? It was hot that day.

Here, Angie:
rope.jpg

Not sure what you're supposed to do with it, but the rope is all tied up in a neat little package for you!

Thank you EVER so much. :e2tongue:

oh, I don't see this ending well....

Angie! Take this!

preserver.gif

No need. I'm an excellent swimmer. Look how happy and unconcerned I am.

Stay calm, Angie. I'm coming for you.

Grab onto the treble hook.

300px-Deepsea.jpg

Pff. Like I haven't heard THAT one before...

Ah, I bet Angie is just replaying that scene from A River Runs Through It...with Brad Pitt plunging downriver. She'll wash up in an eddie in no time. :)

Gah!!!

Oh no!! Angie! You know better than to go over the falls without a barrel!

The barrel just gets in the way. ;)

Poor Angie should've taken her zebra float across the falls:
swimming-float-ring-baby-inflatable-zebra-940229-Gallay.jpg

Please note that Dino Direct is not affiliated with this Dino in any way!

That is just...so wrong. :Wha:

Whatever happened to Angie? I thought for sure she'd come back to this thread by now and show her appreciation for our undying love and concern for her well-being. :)

Yes, I can feel everyone's love from here. :wag:

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I crossed paths with another ferocious beast today, this one as it tore its food to shreds and growled at me as I approached:

5-14-12026-SM.jpg

He is surely kin to the killer rabbit of Caerbannog. The most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered creature you ever set eyes on!

Hey Angie, there's a phone call for you. Say's his name is Eddie.

And now for something completely different:

poppypod3.jpg

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score

5-14-12026-SM.jpg

You were a very brave fish getting that close to that beast for us. :Hug2: It could've ripped your fins off.

I'm so glad you survived your waterfall adventure, Angie! It must've been due to all the help you received in here. I love it when a community pulls together. It's so endearing. :)

Very cool pic, swachski. Is it some sort of cactus?

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The flower is an oriental poppy. It was just emerging from it's outer pod...kind of like a butterfly. I even think the petals resemble a butterfly's wrinkled wings when it first comes out of it's chrysalis.

So, the green fuzzy cap thingy was just perched there, and when the flower fully opened, the cap dropped to the ground.

I got a new camrea for Mother's Day! My technogeeky son researched them and chose one that takes macro images, cuz he knows I like taking extreme close-ups of stuff. I'm looking forward to trying it out...now I just need more FREE TIME!!

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great pics, all of you. I tried my hand taking shots of the ocean last week, but I ended up with more of the same. Blurred images due to my unsteady hands. I ended up about 4' from a barking seal and kept thinking what a great picture it would be, but all I have to show for it is a brown blur sitting on a bigger black blur (rock) with a white blur (seagull) to one side.

So, I'll just be content to see all of your pics. Keep it up!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
You were a very brave fish getting that close to that beast for us. :Hug2: It could've ripped your fins off.
I'm still quite shaken by the encounter, and the beast's evil glare haunts my dreams...
Great clip! Thanks for sharing it here.

I read a story some years ago about a woman on a boat who was attacked by a barracuda while talking to a friend. She was wearing a gold bracelet and waving her arms about when the fish torpedoed from the water into the boat and latched onto her wrist. She was badly injured and nearly lost her hand.

Some fishing boat captains, for good reason, require their clients to remove all visible jewelry before boarding.
I got a new camrea for Mother's Day! My technogeeky son researched them and chose one that takes macro images, cuz he knows I like taking extreme close-ups of stuff. I'm looking forward to trying it out...now I just need more FREE TIME!!
Can't wait to see pics taken with the new camera. :)
...I tried my hand taking shots of the ocean last week, but I ended up with more of the same. Blurred images due to my unsteady hands...
I have the same problem at times, which is frustrating. But if you own an older camera, one of the issues could also be that the images are slow to process onto the memory card, and you have to hold the camera steady a second or two after the shutter release has been depressed to allow extra time for the image to transfer.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Not the best shots, though very challenging to capture when the mom was nearby and in no mood to receive visitors.

Limpkin chicks:

4-24-12073-SM-1.jpg

4-24-12096-SM.jpg

And moorhen chicks:

5-11-12049-2.jpg

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
awwww!

actually, those moorhen chicks are pretty ugly.

but I'm sure they have great personalities...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Those semi vestigal wings are hilariously fugly. Finally, something more strange than guinea fowl babies.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, the babies are adorable! The moorhens are so ugly they're cute. :D