February 2012 Blog Chain

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
I seem to have missed January's (I posted interest but saw no update in the thread since then so didn't find out when my slot was...) so I need to make an especial effort to do this one...
Do your forum settings not subscribe to threads automatically when you post? That might be the problem.

Incidentally, it's still January if you want to go ahead and post over there :) It's even technically your turn again!

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
Do your forum settings not subscribe to threads automatically when you post? That might be the problem.

Wow, I didn't realize I could do that and so I have been doing it manually. Thanks for the tip!

If anyone needs help, here is how to turn that on:
Go to UserCP (upper left blue bar) then from the new screen, choose "edit options" on the menu on the left. From there choose: Default thread subscription mode.

I set mine to "no email", and I just check my UserCP whenever I log on. You could have notices emailed to you if you like.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize I could do that and so I have been doing it manually. Thanks for the tip!

If anyone needs help, here is how to turn that on:
Go to UserCP (upper left blue bar) then from the new screen, choose "edit options" on the menu on the left. From there choose: Default thread subscription mode.

I set mine to "no email", and I just check my UserCP whenever I log on. You could have notices emailed to you if you like.

I turned off subscriptions because:

a) it is not how I find threads I am interested in
b) Mac said in another thread that subscriptions can take up a lot of space on the server so to not use them if you can quite help it. :)

I usually do the 'new threads' search as soon as I log in to find all threads that have been updated since my last visit. For some reason, these threads never seem to appear in that list...

No time to do anything for January as I have 101 other things that need attention before the 1st of Feb so I will have to keep an eye on this thread for my turn...

pyrosama

Pyrosama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
matrix-hole.blogspot.com
Orion, when you put up the first post, you might sign up for one of these and create a running list.

http://www.simply-linked.com/

They'll provide you code to copy to your webpage and each of us who participate would go to your page and fill in our url when we're ready to publish our spot.

Check it out to see if it will work for us with these blog chains. Here's one that I started -- What's for Thanksgiving at Your House?

Diana_Rajchel

Writing from my Seaside Palace
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.dianarajchel.com
Orion, when you put up the first post, you might sign up for one of these and create a running list.

http://www.simply-linked.com/

They'll provide you code to copy to your webpage and each of us who participate would go to your page and fill in our url when we're ready to publish our spot.

Check it out to see if it will work for us with these blog chains. Here's one that I started -- What's for Thanksgiving at Your House?

Ah! I was looking for something like this myself!

Domoviye

Busy, busy, busy
Registered
Reaction score
I'm taking off on vacation in the next few days, so I may not be back to post it on the proper date, especially if it goes as fast as it did last month. So just move me to the end of the list, I'll be back well before the end of the month.

Inkstrokes

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
I'm afraid to find the place where I'm not living.
Website
drlong67.wordpress.com
On Literateparakeet's suggestion, I posted my entry in the Share Your Work forum as it was too long for a blog chain and I want to submit it to a contest. Posting it on my blog constitutes "published" to some.

I would appreciate the feedback so I can submit the best version possible. That, and your opinion matters to me.

I'll still read the posts and comment.

Thanks again.

MamaStrong

Registered
Reaction score
Can I please be removed from the list? I have just been loaded down with a lot of stuff and won't be able to do this, this month :(

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
Mac said in another thread that subscriptions can take up a lot of space on the server so to not use them if you can quite help it.

I'm glad you told me this. I can see how it could quickly add up when some posts are just "congratulations" or "welcome to the board". Still, I love thread subscriptions, so I've committed to a compromise by heavy deleting of subscriptions, while keeping a few that I am enamored with. :)

Turndog-Millionaire

Registered
Reaction score
As i'm second in line i've uploaded my post now as i'll be going to bed soon (being in England and all), so in order to get things going quickly i thought i'd be prepared.

It's HERE, although please wait Orion to upload first. I don't want to be pushing in line. Again, i'm English, and if there's one thing we can do is stand in line :)

Matt (Turndog Millionaire)

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Eh, it's all right. I actually have to post mine tomorrow as well, since I forgot I had an entry already queued up for today (I wrote ten entries ahead of time and scheduled them to drop during my vacation).

I'll just bump Turndog up and make my post tomorrow. It'll be nice not going first for once...

Turndog-Millionaire

Registered
Reaction score
Okay then. I thought Orion got skipped over. Well, lets see what happens then. Bad turndog, breaking the queue!

I know i felt very rebellious doing it. I feared i might not have made it on today though (Been one of those days) and i feared being shunned to the back of the queue :0

There was no mercy shown to tardiness last month, and rightly so might i add :)

Matt (Turndog Millionaire)