Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: February 2012 Blog Chain

We Could Be Heroes These Mean Streets's Avatar
    That was fun. Count me in this one too.

http://ohno-anotherwritingblog.blogspot.com/

practical experience, FTW areteus's Avatar
    I seem to have missed January's (I posted interest but saw no update in the thread since then so didn't find out when my slot was...) so I need to make an especial effort to do this one...

http://lurkingmusings.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by areteus View Post
    I seem to have missed January's (I posted interest but saw no update in the thread since then so didn't find out when my slot was...) so I need to make an especial effort to do this one...
    Do your forum settings not subscribe to threads automatically when you post? That might be the problem.

Incidentally, it's still January if you want to go ahead and post over there It's even technically your turn again!
    Excerpts from Nonexistent Books - my literary blog and daily writing exercise all rolled up into one! Short sections of books that don't (and perhaps shouldn't) exist. Like what you see? Purchase a print or ebook version!

I'm in.
    This time with my China blog: Living and Working in China.

My Blogs
    :
    Living and Working in China: Dealing with Chinese business, society and culture.
    Let's Get Happy A motivational and self-help blog.

Quote Originally Posted by orion_mk3 View Post
    Do your forum settings not subscribe to threads automatically when you post? That might be the problem.
    Wow, I didn't realize I could do that and so I have been doing it manually. Thanks for the tip!

If anyone needs help, here is how to turn that on:
    Go to UserCP (upper left blue bar) then from the new screen, choose "edit options" on the menu on the left. From there choose: Default thread subscription mode.

I set mine to "no email", and I just check my UserCP whenever I log on. You could have notices emailed to you if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Literateparakeet View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize I could do that and so I have been doing it manually. Thanks for the tip!

If anyone needs help, here is how to turn that on:
    Go to UserCP (upper left blue bar) then from the new screen, choose "edit options" on the menu on the left. From there choose: Default thread subscription mode.

I set mine to "no email", and I just check my UserCP whenever I log on. You could have notices emailed to you if you like.
    I turned off subscriptions because:

a) it is not how I find threads I am interested in
    b) Mac said in another thread that subscriptions can take up a lot of space on the server so to not use them if you can quite help it.

I usually do the 'new threads' search as soon as I log in to find all threads that have been updated since my last visit. For some reason, these threads never seem to appear in that list...

No time to do anything for January as I have 101 other things that need attention before the 1st of Feb so I will have to keep an eye on this thread for my turn...

Comfortably numb by rejections SuzanneSeese's Avatar
    I don't even have a rough draft yet but I need a kick in the butt to get writing. And the list is long enough that I feel somewhat confident that I'll have something when it's my turn.
    So.....I'm in!
    View of Sue
    Suzanne Seese

Writer's Blog: View of Sue
    Humor Blog: Farvel Cargo

"Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?" -Simon Pegg, Shaun of the Dead
    "You must never hesitate." - Sean Connery, The Rock

Finally! I got my inspiration of what to do with this prompt! A new challenge for me.

Thanks guys for keeping me trying new things. I'll probably write it tonight.

I'm in! Hope I'm not too late? Love the prompt - good luck Parakeet!
    Easy reading is damn hard writing. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Orion, when you put up the first post, you might sign up for one of these and create a running list.

http://www.simply-linked.com/

They'll provide you code to copy to your webpage and each of us who participate would go to your page and fill in our url when we're ready to publish our spot.

Check it out to see if it will work for us with these blog chains. Here's one that I started -- What's for Thanksgiving at Your House?

Writing from my Seaside Palace Diana_Rajchel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrosama View Post
    Orion, when you put up the first post, you might sign up for one of these and create a running list.

http://www.simply-linked.com/

They'll provide you code to copy to your webpage and each of us who participate would go to your page and fill in our url when we're ready to publish our spot.

Check it out to see if it will work for us with these blog chains. Here's one that I started -- What's for Thanksgiving at Your House?
    Ah! I was looking for something like this myself!

Available:
    Amazon US and Amazon UK
    Barnes & Noble

I'm taking off on vacation in the next few days, so I may not be back to post it on the proper date, especially if it goes as fast as it did last month. So just move me to the end of the list, I'll be back well before the end of the month.

My Blogs
    :
    Living and Working in China: Dealing with Chinese business, society and culture.
    Let's Get Happy A motivational and self-help blog.

I'm afraid to find the place where I'm not living.
    On Literateparakeet's suggestion, I posted my entry in the Share Your Work forum as it was too long for a blog chain and I want to submit it to a contest. Posting it on my blog constitutes "published" to some.

I would appreciate the feedback so I can submit the best version possible. That, and your opinion matters to me.

I'll still read the posts and comment.

Thanks again.
    Rants, blurbs and mostly inane ramblings but also details on my up coming novels Echoes & Appetites can be found here drlong67.wordpress.com
    Echoes - Complete, editing
    Appetites - 30% first draft
    Faces - 5% frist draft
    The Last Gift (Illustrated Christmas book)- Complete, editing

Hey Inkstokes, I'm glad you did it! I'll look at it probably this evening at work.

practical experience, FTW MamaStrong's Avatar
    Can I please be removed from the list? I have just been loaded down with a lot of stuff and won't be able to do this, this month

Mac said in another thread that subscriptions can take up a lot of space on the server so to not use them if you can quite help it.
    I'm glad you told me this. I can see how it could quickly add up when some posts are just "congratulations" or "welcome to the board". Still, I love thread subscriptions, so I've committed to a compromise by heavy deleting of subscriptions, while keeping a few that I am enamored with.

No problem

When is my turn again? I get so confused by these things...

When is my turn again? I get so confused by these things...
    Whenever These Mean Streets posts, your turn begins!

In other news I'm back and the chain begins with my post tonight.
    Excerpts from Nonexistent Books - my literary blog and daily writing exercise all rolled up into one! Short sections of books that don't (and perhaps shouldn't) exist. Like what you see? Purchase a print or ebook version!

practical experience, FTW Turndog-Millionaire's Avatar
    As i'm second in line i've uploaded my post now as i'll be going to bed soon (being in England and all), so in order to get things going quickly i thought i'd be prepared.

It's HERE, although please wait Orion to upload first. I don't want to be pushing in line. Again, i'm English, and if there's one thing we can do is stand in line

Matt (Turndog Millionaire)
    Create the Ultimate Author Platform: Download How To Build An Author House for FREE

My Blog l Twitter l Facebook l Goodreads

In Search of the Throne of Stars Ralph Pines's Avatar
    Okay then. I thought Orion got skipped over. Well, lets see what happens then. Bad turndog, breaking the queue!
    Those that are offended by the truth can not be trusted with it.
    Main Blog:
    Neither Here nor There....

YouTube Gaming Channel: Lessons Learned

And on Twitter:

RafaWriter (original it ain't, but it works for me!)

Eh, it's all right. I actually have to post mine tomorrow as well, since I forgot I had an entry already queued up for today (I wrote ten entries ahead of time and scheduled them to drop during my vacation).

I'll just bump Turndog up and make my post tomorrow. It'll be nice not going first for once...

In Search of the Throne of Stars Ralph Pines's Avatar
    Cool, mine should be up by Wednesday.
    Those that are offended by the truth can not be trusted with it.
    Main Blog:
    Neither Here nor There....

YouTube Gaming Channel: Lessons Learned

And on Twitter:

RafaWriter (original it ain't, but it works for me!)

Mine is up now too. Ralph knows what to do

practical experience, FTW Turndog-Millionaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Pines View Post
    Okay then. I thought Orion got skipped over. Well, lets see what happens then. Bad turndog, breaking the queue!
    I know i felt very rebellious doing it. I feared i might not have made it on today though (Been one of those days) and i feared being shunned to the back of the queue :0

There was no mercy shown to tardiness last month, and rightly so might i add

Matt (Turndog Millionaire)
    Create the Ultimate Author Platform: Download How To Build An Author House for FREE

My Blog l Twitter l Facebook l Goodreads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast