AW Amazon Affiliate Store

confused by self-publishing? Find your way to self-publishing success in just 5 easy steps with this free how-to guide!

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AW Writing Contests, Prompts & Challenges! Check them out!

The entries for the AW Poetry Contest -- Space are posted and I just read them. Wow!

Entries Here (password citrus)

Discussion of the Contest Here

Reading and Voting Instructions Here

Peeps, support your AW poets. Read the entries. When voting opens, vote. It doesn't take that much time and your support will be greatly appreciated. The time between reading and voting is to give people as much time as needed to read and reflect on the poems they want to vote for. So, go read. Just do it.

Below is the info for phase two (reading) and phase three (voting) of the contest, taken from the OP in the original thread started by Poetinahat when he announced Steppe's contest:

How It Works

Entries open: now
    Entries close: Wednesday, August 5
    All dates given are US Eastern Daylight Time.

After the closing date, the entries will be posted, without the authors' usernames, in a sticky thread in the Chapbook subforum.
    This thread will remain open for Contest discussion.

There will be a two-week reading period before voting opens.

Voting opens: Thursday, August 20
    Voting closes: Wednesday, September 2

Winners announced: Friday, September 4

After the winners are announced, I'll post the authors' usernames with each entry.
    Last edited by Ambrosia; 08-07-2015 at 04:56 AM.
    "The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."
    Michelangelo

"You don't need thick skin, you just need perseverance." leifwright

Folks! Time is fleeting! Vote in the AW Poetry contest before it's too late! Do it now!

And on a totally unrelated note, would you believe I just finished a published novel where every page had multiple exclamation marks littering the page? I was like, "really? It got published? Didn't the poor author have even one beta reader who told her, 'don't do that'?" It highly diminished my enjoyment of the novel. The only appropriate place to use so many exclamation marks is in posts such as this one, urging you all to VOTE!
    "The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."
    Michelangelo

The results are in for the 2015 AW Poetry Contest: Space!

Results Here

Congratulations to all the entrants as well as the winners. 26 excellent poems were entered in this contest. If you haven't read the poems, please follow the link in my previous message and read them. The contest may be over but the poems are well worth the read for their own merit.

Thanks, all. That's a wrap!
    Michelangelo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123