Hello

logan9a

Love the TARDIS
Registered
Reaction score
Website
logansvoyage.blogspot.com
I had asked Kevin Hearne where I should go to get some feedback on my work. He suggested this site. I look forward to getting to know folks and getting some feedback. Getting feedback right now is difficult for me because I'm in the wilds of SE Asia (currently Cambodia) as I travel around the world. I am not writing another travel book (there are enough of those) but I do have a blog out there. The project I joined this site to get feedback on is an urban fantasy book I am working on. Since it is my first work, it is really rough. I need to learn more on the craft of writing.

Thanks in advance. I'm now off to offer constructive comments on 49 other posts.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Zaziki Sauce

Registered
Reaction score
Hi logan9a! You are living my dream life. I wish to travel the world one day (with Romania on my list), but now I guess I'm trapped with Disneyland nearby. I see you've visited Vietnam, my home country :)

Danika

Stuck in the middle with you
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! Sounds like you're already living the dream. :p

logan9a

Love the TARDIS
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

American style when I do eat it - about once every two years.

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Wilco, thank you.

logan9a

Love the TARDIS
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Roger. I've scanned over some of the FAQ's and stickies. I've probably read more of them on this board than all of the other boards I've ever joined.

1. Put stuff in the right place.
2. Don't be a d*ck.
3. Respect others.

That sums up most of the FAQ's to the best of my limited knowledge. I will try to abide by those same rules.

I'll try to get on with helping some others though I'm still very green.

Sorry I haven't responded before now but Cambodian internet is very hit or miss, miss, miss.

logan9a

Love the TARDIS
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hi logan9a! You are living my dream life. I wish to travel the world one day (with Romania on my list), but now I guess I'm trapped with Disneyland nearby. I see you've visited Vietnam, my home country :)

Traveling is easier than most people think. It's a matter of 'what are you willing to give up to get what you want?' If you are willing to make the sacrifices it is surprisingly easy.

Yes, I've been to the Transylvania area of Romania and hung out on the moors with shepherds with a big lightning storm rolling in. Aside from some great people I met and 'couch surfed' with, that was the coolest thing I did there. Sadly, most of the vampires are now extinct there.

I did also visit Vietnam but found Ho Chi Minh City (aka HCMC aka Saigon) way too much of a flurry of activity for me. After two weeks, I had to make my escape back to the comparatively dead Cambodia. From here it will probably be back to Thailand to bug the Indian Embassy until they give me a visa then off to India and Nepal.

For your traveling - if you really want to - consider the $80 TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) degree you can get off the internet. Or you can pay $1000 for the same thing. I suggest the $80 one. Or pick up forged documents. Assuming English and Vietnamese you can speak as native languages, you will have an easy time securing a teaching job somewhere if you really wanted it.

Zaziki Sauce

Registered
Reaction score
Traveling is easier than most people think. It's a matter of 'what are you willing to give up to get what you want?' If you are willing to make the sacrifices it is surprisingly easy.

Yes, I've been to the Transylvania area of Romania and hung out on the moors with shepherds with a big lightning storm rolling in. Aside from some great people I met and 'couch surfed' with, that was the coolest thing I did there. Sadly, most of the vampires are now extinct there.

I did also visit Vietnam but found Ho Chi Minh City (aka HCMC aka Saigon) way too much of a flurry of activity for me. After two weeks, I had to make my escape back to the comparatively dead Cambodia. From here it will probably be back to Thailand to bug the Indian Embassy until they give me a visa then off to India and Nepal.

For your traveling - if you really want to - consider the $80 TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) degree you can get off the internet. Or you can pay $1000 for the same thing. I suggest the $80 one. Or pick up forged documents. Assuming English and Vietnamese you can speak as native languages, you will have an easy time securing a teaching job somewhere if you really wanted it.

Apparently I'm stuck in the American education system (5 more years!!!) :(

Yep, the city formerly known as Saigon is not where I would want to relax. The countryside, however, is quite adventurous: coconut trees, lotus ponds, rice fields, and hammocks :D Although I think you'll find those in Cambodia and Thailand too . . . Or you can try the ancient cities, such as imperial Hue or colonial Hoi An

Last edited:

logan9a

Love the TARDIS
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Apparently I'm stuck in the American education system (5 more years!!!) :(

Yep, the city formerly known as Saigon is not where I would want to relax. The countryside, however, is quite adventurous: coconut trees, lotus ponds, rice fields, and hammocks :D Although I think you'll find those in Cambodia and Thailand too . . . Or you can try the ancient cities, such as imperial Hue or colonial Hoi An

Medical doctor? Lawyer?

Yes, I may check that out but right now I am sitting in the various tourist ghettos and enjoying some air conditioning and eating non native food. I found the reason they have Thai restaurants everywhere in the states but it is much harder to find a Cambodian, Lao or Vietnamese restaurant. So, I'm eating Indian, Western, Mexican, Korean and so on. Initially, I wanted to try to stick with what the natives ate but being an American I am use to vastly more variety in my diet.