Publishing internationally (author from Israel)

JDM1950

Never Forget the First Time
Registered
Reaction score
Hi.
I am American by birth, but living many years in Israel. All my writing is in English. I have a completed fiction manuscript and am working on another.
Are there any other authors out there that published outside of Israel and what agents/publishers do you recommend I approach?
Do US agents/publishers have any issues with queries/submissions from Israel?
Should I look in the UK, for instance, for better chances? (geographic proximity?)

Vemy Paw

Registered
Reaction score
I just asked this question myself in the ask the agent forum. Maybe you want to check it out, the link is: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234043

Many authors publish their work internationally, and from what I get, geographic proximity is not a problem since communication will be done by emails.

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
Hi.
I am American by birth, but living many years in Israel. All my writing is in English. I have a completed fiction manuscript and am working on another.
I would prefer to get my book published in the US.
Should I look in the UK, for instance, for better chances? (geographic proximity?)

Agents and publishers don't care one whit where an author lives. All they care about is how good the book is. :)

ellisshuman

Author of short stories, novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ellisshuman.blogspot.com
The advice I received was that it is advisable to search outside Israel for an agent in US or UK. Don't worry about geographic location. Make sure you query an agent that handles your kind of fiction, or has clients in the same genre.

JamesBaldwin

Fancy Dandy Man
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, there's generally no problem with shopping outside your own country. The best place to query, afaik, is the country where your book is set, if you have a real country in your novel.

epublishabook

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.epublishabook.com
Hi JDM,

Am also in Israel, in Tel Aviv, and am now looking at Amazon KDP to self-publish my book. Am a bit confused by their registration process though, especially when it comes to choosing a payment method.
Would you like to meet for a coffee and discuss it?

SWoodham

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.
Are there any other authors out there that published outside of Israel and what agents/publishers do you recommend I approach?
I saw an Israel author published in the US. This is the New York agency who represents her. I can't pinpoint the book, but it was a new release in the past two years. You could perhaps get in touch with her for her insight.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I saw an Israel author published in the US. This is the New York agency who represents her. I can't pinpoint the book, but it was a new release in the past two years. You could perhaps get in touch with her for her insight.
Hey, just flagging that you're replying to a post that's about ten years old, so the OP is unlikely to see this.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, what Unimportant said. We call it necro-ing because you're bringing a thread back from the dead. Ordinarily new people who do this don't get into trouble--you, for instance--unless they insist on doing it even after it's been pointed out.

Necro-ing is appropriate at Bewares, Recommendations, and Background Checks, for the record.

Maryn, pleased to meet you