• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] S.B. Addison Books

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Here they are.

The mangled syntax in the blurbs on the "New Releases" page is a bit unsettling.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Here they are.

The mangled syntax in the blurbs on the "New Releases" page is a bit unsettling.

From their front page: "
At S.B. Addison Books, we're small, but we like it that way. Our main focus is quality not quanity."

From their submissions page, which is seriously malformed in my browser: "
Please note that our submission box is currently closed. Please check back in November of 2011 for submission guidelines."

YaSkiffy, it may be that S. B. Addison will sort themselves out and pull themselves together; but until they do, and for a couple of years thereafter, I'm thinking you'd be better off letting them do it with someone else's books.

Last edited:

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
They have an amateurish website and have seemingly never published a book. Always start at the top with the best agents/publishers. This one should be near the bottom, well past the "if it gets below this, revise book extensively and start back at the top" line.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They have an amateurish website and have seemingly never published a book.
They have two YA books released, by Lauren Hammond; the books are available in print via the website and in ebook via Amazon, Smashwords, and B&N. I don't know if Ms Hammond is connected with the staff in any way, as there is no info about the press's owner or staff, but Ms Hammond has (according to her blog) published a number of books, and also works as a literary agent.

Prior to this I'd never heard of Hammond or SB Addison, but the descriptions of the two books did catch my eye, and with the ebooks priced at $US1.50 they looked like they might be worth trying. However the reviews of the SF novel suggest that the book is poorly edited with a lot of incorrect punctuation, which would drive me mad, so I reckon I'll skip it after all.

At any rate, the SB Addison site doesn't look like it's being kept up to date, and with the dearth of info available (and the outdated "closed to submissions" notice) I agree that there's probably little point in putting this press on one's to-submit-to list.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's gone, but Smashwords page is still active, as is Hammond's FB. Books published this year are by Hammond and one of her (ex?) literary agency clients.

ETA: Nothing 'cept by owner since.

Last edited: