• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I need Historical fiction beta readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelliewallace

Registered
Reaction score
I need beta readers for my historical novel set during ww2 on Guersney during the Nazi occupation. I have attempted to give friends and family it to read but no one reads it. I have rewritten the MS probably ten times and I believe it is now ready for publication bar a few gramma issues etc. If you are interested, please PM me or email me at [email protected]

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kellie, maybe post a synopsis or the first ~300 words to let potential readers see if they'd be interested?

kelliewallace

Registered
Reaction score
Good idea!
In June 1940, Nazi Germany bombed the Island of Guernsey, bringing World War II to the Channe Islands. With her home in the midst of war, jazz singer Catherine La Mar must adapt to change Within days, the occupation has taken over the Island which in turn causes resistance cells to emerge, hindering the German forces. Catherine's emerge, hindering the German forces.

Catherine's life is inevitably transformed when childhood friend Thomas Potter is linked as the ringleader. The people she once knew are no longer who they seem to be. But nothing could prepare her for when she meets Nazi officer Captain Max Engel. Her view on the war forever changes when she is given a chance for love and new beginnings. But will her forbidden love affair jeopardise all whom she loves?

Matthew_X

We die? Might as well write a book.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Kellie,

How long is it, and are you willing to beta a novel in return?

Thanks,

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.